New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 96
Page 96 of 647 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196596 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Welcome to all the new members! We're glad to have you aboard...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Welcome to all the new forum members!
    NRA, GOA, USCCA, OFCC, BFA, USA Carry

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Quote Originally Posted by FSorace View Post
    Montana

How do you like that CLP? Had a chance to test it out yet? I've heard mixed reviews and that there were some initial problems. Did they get those all ironed out?
    They did Fsaurus, I found a used LCP from someone local here in Montana on patriotslist. They had trouble with misfire when dropped, this is after that series. I can verify, probably elsewhere in the forums here I would think. We have taken it out a couple of times. I like it and she loves it. Definitely for small hands. I have to pull the trigger with my middle finger in fact which surprisingly works good for me. Perfect for her and double action so it seems safe for her. Considering the keltec when I found this, got a great deal, couldn't pass it up.

5. Gun Show in ABQ NM this weekend. Since last years anticipation of the OB, things have calmed down..economy included. Attendance last fall was intense. Lines then were extremely long and steady. This fall, lines were not as bad and flow was continual. Everybody learned to come a little later. More tables and vendors. Antiques were more prevalent. Guns were available at reasonable prices.( exotics still outrageous) Ammo was plentiful at various prices. People were still buying, but not with the frenzy of last fall. FFL holders say MFG's 10% increase in price, coming in January. Semi-auto handguns still very much in demand. New products made in USA look good.
    Popular models with good reps, were available. State Laws are slackening due to pressure from ever more powerful NRA on legislation's, keep up the pressure.

I'm back

I signed up some months back and then got busy on other forums, But my regular forum is down and I've been lonesome.

When I signed up, I used a handle, CaptainKerosene, a jet pilot.

But many will recognize me and my avatar as Jim Macklin.

So, welcome to all the refugees from KSCCW.com is growing... and those who have seen me on 1911forums.com or DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

7. New to the forum, looking to learn lots of neat stuff from those of you more knowledgeable and experienced. Did some shooting as a kid (mostly just plinking), was trained a bit in the Navy on the 1911 and M-1. After five years military as a pilot, worked in the airline industry for the next thirty-odd years, retired a few years ago. I've gotten interested during the last decade in handguns. Recently attended the Front Sight 4-day defensive handgun course, learned a lot, I highly recommend Front Sight. I have some Makarovs, a Bersa .380CC, a Taurus 709 Slim, and am in the process of acquiring a Springfield Armory 9mm. Would love to hear from whoever knows about defensive handgun shooting, concealed carry (I've had my TX CHL for 10 years, just started carrying all the time), quirks of my guns.

--Rfbonny

Welcome to all the new folks on the boards; from the Old North state!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by rfbonny View Post
    New to the forum, looking to learn lots of neat stuff from those of you more knowledgeable and experienced. Did some shooting as a kid (mostly just plinking), was trained a bit in the Navy on the 1911 and M-1. After five years military as a pilot, worked in the airline industry for the next thirty-odd years, retired a few years ago. I've gotten interested during the last decade in handguns. Recently attended the Front Sight 4-day defensive handgun course, learned a lot, I highly recommend Front Sight. I have some Makarovs, a Bersa .380CC, a Taurus 709 Slim, and am in the process of acquiring a Springfield Armory 9mm. Would love to hear from whoever knows about defensive handgun shooting, concealed carry (I've had my TX CHL for 10 years, just started carrying all the time), quirks of my guns.

--Rfbonny
    Kansas issued their first CCH in Jan '07, I got mine shortly thereafter [money
    Since I got the license issued in May'07 [they were slow at first] I've carried about 20,000 hours and so far have not gone berserk, or anything bad. Please inform Sarah Brady.

The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

10. Hello everyone...Glad to be part of a growing breed in America. Served 24 years in the service and am proud of it...Thanks to all who continue to serve and protect our freedom!!

11. Hi All,
    New guy here from Scottsdale, Arizona. Lifelong shooter, like 1911's, rifles, shotguns, if it goes Bang, I like it. CWP permit holder in Az. My EDC is a Kel-Tec P-11, one of the Best Kept Secrets out there IMO. Member of several shooting forums, Open Carry dot org, KTOG, Kel Tec Range and some others, curtm1911 on some. Hope to learn and contribute to this site whenever I can. Nice to be here, always glad to find others who enjoy the Shooting Sports and The Second Amendment.