The PRCA is at it again - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The PRCA is at it again

Can't forensics folks already match a cartridge to the weapon by the firing pin dent? Microstamping will just cost MFR's more money, or they will stop shipping guns to CA. BG's already know how to file off a serial #, who says they can't do the same to the firing pin? Retarded.

I was born and raised out in California, and regret to say I actually voted for the Governator. I am now comfortably a permanent Virginia resident. I though it was too liberal out there a few years ago, but I'm glad I got out while I could...

30 seconds and a piece of crocus cloth and that microstamp is history, thereby rendering the whole concept bull****. Same as with the "Smart Gun" legislation here in New Jersey: If this crap is such a good idea why isn't Law Enforcement lining up to be the first to benefit from it, instead of demanding that they be exempt?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Jc40

It`s all just a big pile of political BS!

+1, thank you

spc

I too am an ex-patriot Californian. I live in Kansas now, maybe I can return to California when the revolution happens and throws all the commies out. But then, I'll probably have to learn to SCUBA by then.
    Paddle Faster! I hear banjo music!

We left in 1992. The Demonrats ran me out of the state where I was born and had lived all my life. Now I regard it as a Communist country. View it as a cautionary tale. They're Democrats, and that's what they do, like scorpions sting.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

i understand

that a mfg now refuses to do business of any kind in/ california . too bad for LAPD SWAT. this guy makes their weapons . i think it is Barrett's Firearms

10. Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    that a mfg now refuses to do business of any kind in/ california . too bad for LAPD SWAT. this guy makes their weapons . i think it is Barrett's Firearms
    Correct, it is Barrett. As I understand, he refuses to even work on the weapons owned by law enforcement in CA, much less won't sell to them. Someone corrcet me if I'm wrong, but I believe his rifles cost over $10 grand and are available only to military and law enforcement. LA SWAT apparently shipped one to him for maintenance and he returned it to them without touching it. Nice way to have an expensice .50 cal paper weight.

Also Glock has written letters to CA legislature. Smith has done the same. Search the web and you can read them. Apparently this legislaton will prevent our comrades in Kalifornia from being able to own any semi automatic handguns. That is the purpose I believe. Chicago's lawsuits didn't work, so the antis have resorted to this.
    No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    ---Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution, 1776.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Yes, the legislation was certainly never meant to be be implemented. It's just a way to illegalize guns without illegalizing them. I do hope the 2AF is preparing a test case for the Supreme Court.

Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast