Drill Sergeant Joe B. Fricks Rules For A Gunfight - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drill Sergeant Joe B. Fricks Rules For A Gunfight

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If only people would listen to you......

For all those out there with a defensive firearm, answer the following right now without looking it up online:

It is two seconds after defending your life with a firearm. The police are on their way. You have no access to a telephone, much less an internet connection. What is the name of your 2A lawyer?
    I don't remember off hand, but his card is in my wallet.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

That is a great set of rules. I printed it out and hung it in my bathroom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Holy Bajeebers, Batman !!

Wow - and I thought "The Gunny" said it best. I was mistaken. However, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for a conversation between the two of these fine Gents.

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MIKE View Post
    Wow - and I thought "The Gunny" said it best. I was mistaken. However, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for a conversation between the two of these fine Gents.

Semper Fi.
    OK, I am fairly new here and haven't seen "Gunny's Rules". Who is "Gunny" and what are his rules? I assume they are monosyllabic because of his "Jarhead" lineage, but I will take that into account.

A Reformed Squid
    Femper Si.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    There was a great video floating around here a while ago in which a law class professor and experienced police officer both instructed the law students that the best counsel they can give their clients is to say nothing to the police. The instructor gave great examples of how even innocent sounding comments can be twisted by the prosecution to make you look bad / guilty.
    YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

48 minutes long but well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    Donald Tyson caught a shotgunslug with his left ear. It is hard to drive that way.
    Can't help but chuckle...

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    There was a great video floating around here a while ago in which a law class professor and experienced police officer both instructed the law students that the best counsel they can give their clients is to say nothing to the police.
    http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/schlaw/LawPreview/
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

8. Great post! This one is worth saving for future reference.
    Life member NRA | GOA | CCRKBA | SAF | ARRL |
    U.S. Army 1975 - 1980

Rule 0:

Do not be there when it happens.

Great stuff.

Kinda things looking for in a site like this.

Keep it coming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12