What would you do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

Shoot to stop the action.

That phrase is self explanatory.
    -Austin

If someone (ANYone) pulls a gun - I assume two things very quickly.

1. It's loaded.
    2. They know how to use it.

I would be moving and responding accordingly. Plenty of bystanders are killed by idiot gangbangers that can't shoot worth a $#!^ either, but the rounds they loose down range don't care about the skill at the trigger. (Or complete lack thereof.)

Whether they can shoot or not, or whether it is loaded or not - and regardless of age and gender, matters not. Unless you're a member of the new administration. Then, you'd negotiate with them until they fell asleep in your lap. Or until they kill you.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I have to agree with GP when the bullets are a flying if you take the time to check for age or sex of the shooter you will die...

"What would you do if you were at a public bus stop and a kid opened fire on the crowd. Would you take him down?"

How could you NOT stop an attempt at mass murder?!

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    Personally, I think being shot by a 14YO is still being shot.
    As far as I know it is. A bullet is an equal opportunity destroyer.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    As far as I know it is. A bullet is an equal opportunity destroyer.
    The incident that propelled me to shed my wool and put on a dog collar was getting robbed in my driveway. When the police (finally) showed up to take my statement I couldn't tell them much at all about what the guy looked like but I was able to describe the revolver he was holding pretty well. What I am getting at is when the shiznit is going down I don't know if I would even notice the age/sex of the BG, but I would be concentrating on the threat.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    The incident that propelled me to shed my wool and put on a dog collar was getting robbed in my driveway. When the police (finally) showed up to take my statement I couldn't tell them much at all about what the guy looked like but I was able to describe the revolver he was holding pretty well. What I am getting at is when the shiznit is going down I don't know if I would even notice the age/sex of the BG, but I would be concentrating on the threat.
    Wow...was he waiting on you or was it just a crime of opportunity?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Wow...was he waiting on you or was it just a crime of opportunity?
    It was more than likely a crime of opportunity I think because at that time I was going to school and bar tending so I never got home at any predictable time.
    There were two things I was thinking of at the time: 1) My pistol was in my night stand which was really helpful to me at the time, and 2) How much it was going to hurt if he decided to shoot.

My SA was zero. I have learned a lot since then.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12