For Real? A safe and Effective Gun Lock? Check it out. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Real? A safe and Effective Gun Lock? Check it out.

I don't use gun locks. I have a whole drawer full of them though--they keep sticking them in the boxes that my new guns come in. Any gun that is not on my person is in the safe. There are a few guns laying around for HD but when I leave they go in the safe too.
    Gun locks don't make sense to me unless one has little kids around--but even when my grandkids come over they just go in the safe (the guns --not the grandkids).
    A thief with a gun that has a gun lock on it is still gonna steal your gun, I prefer my safe

What do you think the odds of actually knowing where that key is when you need the gun ... unless you keep it with the gun, which is like keeping any lock with the key in it ... useless.

I like the barrel/chamber lock concept (assuming there are no protrusions that would be damaging the chamber), but some sort of combination lock on the end would make more sense to me.

i personally think it may be the easiest gun lock, i admit i am intrigued. if its rally as fast to unlock as it shown then it may be worth while . but i agree with murph50 just keep them in a safe thats the safest. i do however keep one in my drawer next to the bed and may be interested in this for that gun only.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    What do you think the odds of actually knowing where that key is when you need the gun ... unless you keep it with the gun, which is like keeping any lock with the key in it ... useless.

I like the barrel/chamber lock concept (assuming there are no protrusions that would be damaging the chamber), but some sort of combination lock on the end would make more sense to me.
    Very good point! I know if I am ever in a situation where I need to use a fireamr in my home (god forbid) I know I don't want to have to fiddle with a lock before I can defend myself. Once I have my permit to carry (gotta love PRMA) the only firearm not in the safe is the one on my person. I am not a fan for lockes except for transport to and from the range which the law requires. I am also a fan of the safe. Like previously stated, a locked firearm will not deter a theif, he/she will still steal the firearm.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

wolfhunter Guest
    A Crossbreed Supertuck is about the best gun lock I've ever used. I'm with Murph on this. Keep it in the safe or on your person. The red tip on this one tells any kid that might see it "this is a toy", since someone decided that otherwise realistic toys must have red tipped muzzles.

"Well this is my safety right here sir" - Hoot (Blackhawk Down)
    I don't mind if you want to kill me, but I might struggle a bit. -- Trowa Barton

I'd keep a spare key in my pocket right next to my spare handcuff key. That way, after I got out of the handcuffs, I could unlock the gun and shoot.

What was I doing in handcuffs? That's for me to know and you to find out.

Probably a universal key, and one every self-respecting BG would carry. Along with that handcuff key.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    It's a POS (Piece Of S***). I've never seen such a piece of crap on the market. I strongly recommend against using the device. Only thing worse I've seen so far is the "Safety Bullet".

gf
    I went to that safety bullet site and I have to agree with you, utter crap

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    A Crossbreed Supertuck is about the best gun lock I've ever used. I'm with Murph on this. Keep it in the safe or on your person. The red tip on this one tells any kid that might see it "this is a toy", since someone decided that otherwise realistic toys must have red tipped muzzles.
    Thats what I was thinking when I saw the vid, it looked like a toy gun with that red tip on it

I think a safe is a better idea to keep them away from kids/thieves.
    Last edited by Avail; 06-12-2009 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Added safe line.

10. My Taurus guns all come with an action lock and key .1/4 turn lock to disable and activate the lock. I do use it when kids are around

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    My Taurus guns all come with an action lock and key .1/4 turn lock to disable and activate the lock. I do use it when kids are around
    I had a Taurus PT145 once that had an internal lock, it locked up on me once while shooting so I sold it. Hopefully that never happens to you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast