For Real? A safe and Effective Gun Lock? Check it out.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Real? A safe and Effective Gun Lock? Check it out.

For Real? A safe and Effective Gun Lock? Check it out.

I recently received an email with a link to this gun locking device.

Have any of you guys seen or experienced this device? From the video, it seems simple, safe and effective, with another added benefit of being affordable. But other than the video, I haven't seen one "up close and personal." I'm very curious.

After reading about the homeowner in Texas returning home to have some punk start firing at him with HIS own guns he was in the act of stealing - that got me thinking about effective safes and locks again. (I'd only consider locking the guns I'm not actively carrying or hauling to the range. Otherwise, they're in use or accessible for use.)

The old consideration: safety vs. accessibility. What do you think?

VLLOGO
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Looks to be a Steel Rod, Brass Cartridge of some sort and an Allen key? The Allen key locks and unlocks the Rod from the Cartridge it looks like?
    No, I have never seen this device before. I'm just replying on the video part, I have not checked the Site out just yet though. Seems pretty neat, but the Key must have different designs on the end of it similair like locking lug nuts on a car wheel? Like I said, I have not looked at the Site yet. I'll check it out!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

4. This lock (or one very similar) was developed in Elyria Ohio. The idea was good but when you had it locked into place you had a steel cap next to the muzzle of you gun. I did not like the fact that you had metal-to-metal contact. This could damage the muzzle of the gun. Now if that has been updated and changed it may be ok. Just my two cents.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Yeah, the first time I saw the video I was wondering about that too - but I watched it again and it almost seems like a molded hard-plastic handle/knob like you'd see on the end of a one-piece rifle barrel-cleaning rod.

I like how the lock secures the action so the slide is inoperable, but I have more questions - like the "key" to remove the lock rod from the brass casing end... how easy/hard would it be to pypass that?

I'm intrigued, and for $20 I may have to get one if only for a training aid in class - they make 'em for long guns too.

Apparently this device has won a lot of NRA recognition - but it's the first I've seen of it.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I think I'll Wait and see

I was going to wait untill I had a chance to inspect it a little closer before passing judgement.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    After reading about the homeowner in Texas returning home to have some punk start firing at him with HIS own guns he was in the act of stealing - that got me thinking about effective safes and locks again.
    A lock that is as easy to remove as the one in the video supposedly is would not be very effective against a thief.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Did you notice the key statement?

Apparently, they all use the same key. Thus, if a BG were to buy one, he/she would have access to all firearms secured with this lock. Seems like the worst part of a gun lock (lengthy access) with the worst part of no gun lock (easily accessed/used by a BG).
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

It's a POS (Piece Of S***). I've never seen such a piece of crap on the market. I strongly recommend against using the device. Only thing worse I've seen so far is the "Safety Bullet".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

yes i have looked at this site and asked Mike Worley my father about it (the inventor of the safety bullet) he says that although they have been up and running longer that their product is inferrior because a child would see that red tip on the gun and know to disable it. This is unlike safety bullet because it is hidden in side the the gun and cannot be detected. The will keep unautherized users from being able to shoot your firearm when they pull the trigger it will be locked up. ANY QUESTIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    It's a POS (Piece Of S***). I've never seen such a piece of crap on the market. I strongly recommend against using the device. Only thing worse I've seen so far is the "Safety Bullet".

gf
    Glock Fan I love how you beat around the bush about everything! Come on just tell us how you really feel!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast