Glock Handguns
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Handguns

Glock Handguns

Being new to this forum,i`m not sure if this question has been asked before,but i am curious to know how many members own a glock handgun and what your overall opinion is of them.I know on some gun forums if you just mention the word glock they want to burn you at the cross.I have heard both good and bad about them,mostly bad(not saying i agree with the bad opinions)i guess because of all the cops that have shot themselves with their service weapons,but i am interested in actual owners opinions.

I carry the model 30 (.45)

I have fired them in the past, thought them nice, and reliable, which is why I purchased one for a carry weapon. I would, and will purchase another in the future. They are reliable and accurate.

Everyone has thier own personal opinions upon what is the best weapon.

In my opinion, if there is a range nearby that lets you rent, try a few out and come to your own conclusions on what you prefer. If not, find some friends w/ a variety. Gun owners are usually more than willing to share if you are considering. I know I am that way at the range, and have met many people at the range that feel the same way.

I have a 27 and a 33. I bought them just to have a Glock. I've been around a lot of Glocks but have never been impressed with them. I just don't like the feel of them. I keep going back to my 1911, Kahr PM9 or my Kel-Tecs. It's just me!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I'd like to try one. I think the light trigger might make it great for target shooting. Another polymer pistol I'd like to try is the new Steyr pistol.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Glocks are like an ak47 lose and reliable not as fun and maybe not as refined as a 1911. I feel most ad are just that. The more people with one type of firearm the more injured with it. I own both 1911 and glock mostly keltec 9mm .I don't want one of my guns taken away.

Glocks aren't my favorite weapon, mainly because of their weight distribution. They just feel awkward in my hand, and I can't get a good sight picture holding one. Same thing with the Springfield XD line. I'm also from the school of thought that the more "features" something has, the more likely one is to break and cause the equipment to fail. I'm sure that Glock's reliability is paramount, but I just get paranoid that one of those 9 or so safety features that it has will hang up.....but that's just me being paranoid.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

8. I recently bought a .40 caliber gun for concealed carry. I had it narrowed down to a Glock 23 and a S&W M&P .40c. I ended up getting the Smith because the ergonomics were much better for me, it just felt right in my hand where the Glock didn't.

I have a lot of friends who are Glock fans and they love their guns. I have shot many of them and they are accurate and they all seem to have a good trigger on them. They have to be reliable as hell or else they wouldn't be the duty guns of so many police dept.'s around the country.

I would take the advise of the poster above and go rent one if you can and make your own determination about any gun you are considering. Don't take our word for anything. You know what they say about opinions right.

Shabo
    Molon Labe/ Ron Paul prez '08

9. After having had a few Glocks, I no longer favor them as I once did. They are a well built, accurate firearm and in fact I still do have one, but I personally became very uncomfortable carrying a Glock and switched back to a Sig.

I don't preach for or against them but to me they are inherently unsafe. I know all the pros and cons and that is the decision I have reached. (Save the flaming guys, I don't care!)

Itís all about what you like and are proficient with and not what someone else likes.
    Iíll bet thatís why there are so many different handguns out there eh? ;)

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I like mine. We have two 27's . . . mine's stock, but hers is equipped with a laser sight [LaserMax]. They'll shoot 10's and X's all day long at 25 yards, so my confidence is high that they'll meet my accuracy need, at least, if I have to 'take the shot'. I'm a .45 fan, for sure, but the Glocks are nice to have, too.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32į & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Jc40

I have held a glock thirty and i liked the way it felt in my hand,but have never shot one as of yet.I believe i will go to one of the local ranges and rent one to see how it shoots,but i have definately been considering buying one.One of my sons friends owns one of the 40 caliber glocks and my son has shot the gun on several occasions and liked it a lot.He said it was very accurate and they are supposed to be able to go through just about anything and still fire a round everytime you pull the trigger.I would try that gun,but unfortunately they are 1500 miles from here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast