THIN 9mm
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THIN 9mm

THIN 9mm

I asked this on another forum awhile back and I'm still thinking about it!
    For a handgun (semi auto.), which would You say would be the thinnest 9mm to CONCEAL?
    What I got for feedback were the:
    Keltec P11 AND PF9
    SIG P225/P6 (do they still make this model?)
    BERSA Ultra Compact 9
    Taurus Millenium Pro 111BP
    Walther PPS9
    Yeh, I know I can look at all the specs and see which is the smallest/thinnest, but I want some of Your feedback and/or which of any do You own and how do You like it.
    Remeber, I looking for a Small THIN 9mm. (I kind of like the BERSA and Taurus)and it would be IWB (In Waste Band). The 9 I own now is HiPoint C9 which I like but any of you who own one know how BIG/BULKY they are and I just need something MUCH Smaller/Thinner. Hope this will be My next purchase.
    thnx. folks!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

If you are looking for a small thin 9, only2 come to mind, Kahr PM9 and Walther PPS9
    I have a Taurus 24/7-C, Same dimensions as PT-111. Nice gun, reasonable price, but not as compact as the PM9 or PPS9
    You might consider dropping to a 380 and go with a KelTec P3AT or the new Ruger LCP or if you can find one,andr best of all, a Colt Mustang Pocketlight.

Good Luck
    Last edited by astute; 01-30-2009 at 01:41 PM.

check out the walther pps. it is extremely thin. not sure how the specs compare to the others. I know when you carry in a IWB youll probably forget you have it.

5. KelTec P11. Know it, Love it , Shoot it....
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

The KelTec PF9 is smaller than most .380s and no other 9mm is thinner. It is small enough I've quit carrying a .380; I either carry an Ultra CDP .45 or a the PF-9.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I carry a Springfield EMP 9mm, about 1/3 thinner than my Taurus PT145. Shoots great, never jams, is easy to break down and clean, and because it is a metal frame gun, has little recoil. I wear this daily with a strong side, hi rise OWB hoster. It is very consealable and comfortable to wear. I did a review on it in this forum, it you want specifics. It is a little larger than my mom's PPK .380, but is sure a lot nicer to shoot and just a concealable. Hope this helps you decide.

8. I have a Kahr CW9 that is very thin. I don't carry it much cuz I prefer a .45 but it might be a good solution. Nice and accurate, too.

Skinny SiG

for a thin 9mm Sig I'd have to recommend the P239 - which with its single-stack 9mm set up makes it one tough-as-nails EDC gun that's easily carried, concealed and a great shooting gun to boot!

You COULD even get the P239 in .40 too.... if you wanted I mean. Either way - it's thin and brings the 'hell and back reliability' that is not just a catchy slogan.

With ammo costs, I'm looking at a 9mm P239 myself....
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

10. The Kel-Tec is too small. It's so small that the recoil makes it hard to control. We went with the Kahr CW9. It is small but large enough were you can get a decent grip on it. Recoil is also less than the Kel-Tec. It's more money, but it's a better quality gun. The CW9 fits just about anywhere and disappears nicely without going to great efforts to conceal it. I also prefer my .45 but sometimes you just need better concealability.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    The Kel-Tec is too small. It's so small that the recoil makes it hard to control...
    My wife and I both disagree with that statement.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast