Which is the best AR15 for the money - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the best AR15 for the money

Thanks all for the info and addvice.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Jc40

For those that have built their own.What would you say the savings would be compared to buying one new.I know there are several brands,but ball park,and how would you rate the degree of difficulty for an inexperienced person to build one.I ask because next year i am interested in getting one and have never built anything like that before.

Building your own is a piece of cake. Shop around and pick up parts when they go on sale. Check gun shows, You may find uppers and lowers already built for a good price. I can build one from scratch in about an hour. The only special tools you need is a barrel wrench and barrel blocks or receiver block. You can lock the barrel in a vice with the barrel blocks. The best way is to use a receiver block and clamp the receiver in the vice. You need to do this to torque the barrel and line up the gas tube hole and barrel nut. Headspace is built in. It's between the locking lugs and the chamber of the barrel. I have never see an AR15 or a M16 with a bad headspace and I've inspected 100's of 1000's of M16's!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

+1 for what Red Hat said. It wasn't hard at all and the best part is you get exactly what you want. If you want a M4 profile middy on a slick side upper...... Thats what you get. AR15.com has some great stickys that show assembly step by step, including pictures. Here is what my first build has:

Anvil Arms Lower - $120
    DPMS Lower Parts Kit - $47.49
    Falcon Industries ERGO sure grip - $16.29
    6 position Buttstock - $55.00
    DPMS stripped A3 flattop upper - $80.99
    DPMS Port Door Assm. - $4.49
    DPMS Foward Assist Assm. - $9.49
    DPMS Charging Handle - $16.99
    Bushmaster Bolt Carrier Assm. - $123.99
    A.R.M.S low profile flipup rear sight - $95.00
    Bushmaster Ultra Lightweight 16'' Barrel Assm Chrome Lined 1-9 twist - $230.00

Total=$799.73

When I went to Bushmaster site their sugg. retail price on their ultra lightwieght A3 rifle was $1215.00. So I got exactly what I wanted for less.

The other nice thing is you don't have to come up with the $1000.00 up front. Buy up pieces when its on sale or you have the money and before you know it you have a complete rifle.

Hope this helps.

6. Rock River Arms
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/

Lock it !

I have a 16" Tactical CAR with a few options for my liking. The pricing for the time was cheaper than most of the bigger names (Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt). And the trigger is the best! I have had a few people that are real familiar with AR's shoot mine and all they do is rave about the trigger and accuracy.

At 100 yards with a scope and some decent ammo, under an 1" for 5 shots is easy. Also, using my EOTech holosight and a sandbag, I have placed 5 shot groups consistently at about 1.5 inches.

Which is the best AR15 for the money?

Mine's a Bushmaster. I love it. Shoots well and handles nicely.
    Dennis Young

[email protected]
    www.theshootingschool.org

NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and Personal Protection Instructor
    Law Enforcement Force-on-Force Instructor
    ASI Certified Baton Instructor
    ASI Certified Defense Spray Instructor
    Member - National Concealed Firearms Instructors Association

Best AR-15

I have a Rock River Arms in .223. It is a tack driver. I would never part with it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am considering adding an AR15 to my family of firearms. One brand that I have looked at is Stag Arms. What do you know about this one and any others. Which brands do you recomend and are there any that you would advice against. Any advice would be appreciated as these are not cheap.
    BTW - If you haven't found it yet. Check out ar15.com and The Ammo Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor_Dennis View Post
    Mine's a Bushmaster. I love it. Shoots well and handles nicely.
    +1, on vitamins!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Jc40

I guess i will start looking into parts and see if i will end up building my own or purchasing one.I appreciate all the information from everyone.Sounds like building one would be a great project for me and my son since he keeps telling me i should get one so we can take it to the range.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast