Which is the best AR15 for the money
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the best AR15 for the money

Which is the best AR15 for the money

I am considering adding an AR15 to my family of firearms. One brand that I have looked at is Stag Arms. What do you know about this one and any others. Which brands do you recomend and are there any that you would advice against. Any advice would be appreciated as these are not cheap.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Mines a Bushmaster m4 love it

Build it!

Bushmaster and Colt are good Kinda higher priced. DPMS is priced alittle lower and I've heard good things about them. Not sure how mechanical you are but building one isn't that hard and you'll save more. I just put together my first one month or so ago. Put 200 rounds through it and have not had one issue. I put together the equivalent to the bushmaster ultra lightwieght model plus some extra's. Bushmasters was $1200 and I have about $800 into mine. Check out AR15.com its a great source of info. If you have any question feel free to ask. I'll try to answer.

One other thing

Never shot a stag arms rifle but heard they are good quaility.

I've just bought my first Stag lower. It is excellent quality when compared side by side with the Colt. I haven't bought the rest of the rifle yet.:o

If you have a good gun store close look at used. Lots of good little used guns out there.

Stag Receivers are very good. I have a couple that I built and the upper and lower matches perfectly. The only thing you really have to look out for are the barrels. What ever brand receiver it has make sure it has a Chrome lined barrel. They will last you a long time and will take a lot of abuse. Other than that go for the price and the looks! Take it from someone that has built over 200 AR's, most in the 80's, lower receivers just have different brand names with some having a small cosmetic change on the outside.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

chrome line

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Stag Receivers are very good. I have a couple that I built and the upper and lower matches perfectly. The only thing you really have to look out for are the barrels. What ever brand receiver it has make sure it has a Chrome lined barrel. They will last you a long time and will take a lot of abuse. Other than that go for the price and the looks! Take it from someone that has built over 200 AR's, most in the 80's, lower receivers just have different brand names with some having a small cosmetic change on the outside.
    +1 for the Chrome lined barrels. Its worth the extra money. Unless you go stainless.

Smith and Wesson M&P 15 and or the JP 15. Both are excellent. You get what you pay for.
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]

Colt or Bushmaster.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast