Renamed: Luke Travel Thread! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renamed: Luke Travel Thread!

Hey everyone. I just made it to New Orleans. I'm at my mother's house and about ready to crash. It's been a long 2 days, 12 hours yesterday and 13 hours today. It wasn't too bad. I did get about a 10in crack in my windshield from a rock that I noticed today but hey, what can u do? I also decided to help out the state of Louisiana and donate some $ via speeding ticket about 20 miles outside of New Orleans. I had to check on things before I went to bed. Only 1 spam thread so not bad. I should be off and on still until I get to Tampa Tuesday night.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Sorry about the windshield and speeding ticket. Were you carrying when you got stopped? What sort of encounter did you have? Continue to be careful and enjoy your trip! :)
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Yes, I had my loaded Glock 23 stuck between my seat and console where I normally carry while driving. I also had my other 3 pistols and shotgun in their original cases unloaded. The state trooper just told me to step out and go to the front of his vehicle. I went to the front, he asked for my license and just started writing the ticket. After that he gave me the ticket, said I could call in about 2 weeks and pay over the phone and to watch my speed the rest of the way home. It was fairly painless.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Well, Louisiana does need some financial support I guess...

Sounds like you are having just too much fun!:D
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Have you made it to FL yet? If so, can you please post your address so we will know where we will be able to stay for free when we visit the beach? :D Moving is hard. Hope all is going well. Again, good luck with the new job.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    Have you made it to FL yet? If so, can you please post your address so we will know where we will be able to stay for free when we visit the beach? :D Moving is hard. Hope all is going well. Again, good luck with the new job.
    Luke is on the ground in Tampa already. I know he is in the process of moving in (and turning the spam filter again :D). Alive and well as far as I know!

Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    Hey everyone. I just made it to New Orleans. I'm at my mother's house and about ready to crash. It's been a long 2 days, 12 hours yesterday and 13 hours today. It wasn't too bad. I did get about a 10in crack in my windshield from a rock that I noticed today but hey, what can u do? I also decided to help out the state of Louisiana and donate some $ via speeding ticket about 20 miles outside of New Orleans. I had to check on things before I went to bed. Only 1 spam thread so not bad. I should be off and on still until I get to Tampa Tuesday night.
    Sorry to ear about the ticket. It must have been on Ponchitrain Lake or in the Slydell area. I spent a summer there is 76. You must have been in Missippi shortly later.

spc ;)
    Last edited by spc; 11-09-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: fix

Yep, I've made it to Tampa and just getting settled in. I should be back in the swing of things this week and hope to start knocking out a few items on the todo list for the site!

11. Glad you've made it... don't worry, us kids haven't burned the house down yet! But we may have collectively solved ALL the world's problems!!! :D

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast