What are some good gun/shooting phrases you know of?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are some good gun/shooting phrases you know of?

1. What are some good gun/shooting phrases you know of?

I was watching Mel Gibson's The Patriot and he says the phrase "Aim small, shoot small" and it just got me thinking of clever and cool phrases about shooting.
    What you guys got, whether it's from movies or something you heard or know of...???

My great-grandfather would give my grandfather a .410 scartridge for his shotgun before he headed for school. He'd tell him something along the lines of, "Bring it back, or something for your ma to cook. If you got nothing, you'll get nothing (for supper)."

Harsh life!
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Before shipping out as a USAF Liaison officer, I had to qualify on M-16's. After coming back from the range, our CATM's instructor passed out scores and quals. I was the only officer, as USAF officers very rarely qualify on anything except the M9. He held back my score until last, saying, "How is it, Captain, that you, an aviator, shoot against a room full of security police yet you're the only one who qualified as expert?"

Without batting an eye, I said, "My uncle taught me to shoot. He was in the Army."

Needless to say, that didn't go over very well in a room full of Air Force.
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

My best friend retired from the Army as an MP and became a Sheriff's Deputy. One day at the range he was giving me tips and said, "Just remember, in a real situation, you only get one shot at living so you've gotta make sure it's the other guy doing the dying."

While hunting for the first time, my hunting partner came over to me and said, "Dude, I can hear you a quarter mile away. I want you to stop and listen to yourself move around. If you can hear you, the deer can hear you."

Bikenut Guest
    Good advice in the Old West and good advice today.........

Tuco in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly said:

"When you have to shoot shoot, don't talk."

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B002&FORM=VIRE

And Mel Gibson in The Patriot said:

"Aim small, miss small"

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9AB0&FORM=VIRE

8. Since I hunt with mostly single action guns my favorite saying is One shot,One kill !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the good old, "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes."

10. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

11. Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
    "I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it". - Clint Eastwood

The Place to Be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast