40s&w or 45acp - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 40s&w or 45acp

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I can think of a few LE agencies that use .45 ACP and a couple that use 10mm. There's one list member that's convinced that there is one LE agency that has an officer that carries a .50 AE. I have yet to verify this fact. "Netentity" knows who I'm talking about.
    LVMPD and HPD have an approved list to choose from. There's an article that I have saved from the LV RJ many moons back called the "Guns of Metro"; .38 special, .357 magnum, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP were all on the approved list the two predominate makers being Glock and S&W.

LVMPD and HPD are required to purchase their own side arms. You can request a variance. The standard issue side arm for LVMPD back then was the S&W 5906. I do not know what it is now. If I get a Nevada CFP class audited by LVMPD and I know they're LVMPD, I'll put the officer or investigator on the spot and ask them during class, pick their brains for department procedures on ambiguous portions of the NRS. I call it value added guest input.

I have seen CCSD PD carry Glocks and Beretta 92Fs.

I do know this...there are no .50 AE LEOs packing here in Vegas Valley. A coworker of mine dumped his .44 Desert Eagle because it was a jam-o-matic.

Yes I remember who you're referring to, GF.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

On my last trip to "The Strip", I noticed the LVMPD guys on bicycles (bright yellow polo shirts) had either Glock 17 or S&W 5906 pistols as their sidearm.

Here in PRHI, the "standard issue" sidearm is the S&W 5906 as it is with State Sheriff and most other LE agencies across the state. Exceptions are State DLNR Enforcement, they carry the Glock 22 as their standard sidearm. Same goes for Maui PD and Kauai PD. I've know a few Honolulu Police Department SSD (Specialized Services Division - HPD equivalent of "S.W.A.T.") officers carry a couple of different models of Sig Sauer, specifically the P226 or P229. The approved list of "supplimental calibers" include .380 auto, 9mm, .38 Special, .357 Mag, .357 Sig, .40 s&w, .45 ACP and 10mm.

Don't know of any LE agency here in PRHI who are authorized to use the .50 AE round.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234