Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!

Thread: Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!

1. Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!

Hello all!
    I bought an sw 29(dirty Harry gun) from Georgia gun shop, but it had cylinder clearance issues or something of the sort, so the shop sent it back to Smith and Wesson. Now its been repaired and back at the gun shop. The issue is I bought the gun for my dad. I am actually abroad for the year and cannot pick it up in person, and they refuse to ship it, or allow my dad to pick it up. We also have a family trust, so all my guns are his and his mine.

Not sure what to do, so far they've been very rude and I am not sure what action to take, cause I'd like for my dad to shoot it now rather than a year later since I spent so much $ on it.
    Any advice? Thanks!

3. Not sure there's much you can do. As far as I know, by law, they cannot release it to someone else. The only thing I can think of is if your dad has a ccw (so they don't have to worry about background check), and he brings in the trust paperwork. May also have to print off legal info regarding the trust, showing that he is allowed to take possession of any firearm you own. Maybe contact a local authority to talk to them? May have to have a lawyer talk to them?

4. You might call them and find out JUST WHAT IS REQUIRED for someone else to pick it up. Iím thinking Notarized statement or Power Of Attorney here.
    It gets people actually asking and calling around (off their dead arseHello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!) when you start being active about it yourself. Otherwise you can call the ATF yourself and ask them then tell your lazy dealer. You might remind him that you could have(SHOULD HAVE) just sent it in yourself!
    You can always(all by your little old self) send your own Gun straight to and from the manufacturer without anybodyís Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!laying on Of handsHello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help!ceremony. Even here in The Peopleís Republic Of Neuyorkistan Hello! Having trouble with the gun shop I bought a firearm from, please help! or Commiefornia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk