British Police Raid Cowboy-Themed Party Thinking Guns Are Real

Thread: British Police Raid Cowboy-Themed Party Thinking Guns Are Real

Exclamation British Police Raid Cowboy-Themed Party Thinking Guns Are Real

Guests of a wild west-themed costume party got a scare when a posse of armed police officers stormed into the hootenanny thinking toy guns carried by partygoers were real, several British media outlets reported.

The festivities were held Saturday by Roy and Val Worthington of Leicestershire, England, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. But the celebration quickly turned into a disaster when three police cars and a helicopter showed up to investigate, the BBC reported.

"It was a bit over the top with the helicopter," Roy Worthington told the BBC.

The Leicestershire Police Department, however, defended the party crashing.

“We have a duty to treat all reports of firearms as genuine,” a police spokeswoman told the Daily Mail newspaper.

In an interview with the BBC, Val Worthington claimed that she had called police last November to notify them that some of her guests may be carrying toy guns.
    Last edited by lukem; 02-10-2009 at 12:39 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Well since there is no crime over there anymore since all guns have been outlawed the keystone cops gotta do something. It seems they spend more time harassing the citizens then going after the bad guys over there.

wolfhunter Guest
    Sounds like the police were upset that Mrs. Worthington was throwing a party and didn't invite them.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    In an interview with the BBC, Val Worthington claimed that she had called police last November to notify them that some of her guests may be carrying toy guns.
    What is it that they can still do over there without having to notify the authorities in advance? Sneeze?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    What is it that they can still do over there without having to notify the authorities in advance? Sneeze?
    Sneeze? Are you kidding? Don't you know how fast those particles are propelled? If it were termed "muzzle velocity" Britain would ban them.

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    Well since there is no crime over there anymore since all guns have been outlawed the keystone cops gotta do something. It seems they spend more time harassing the citizens then going after the bad guys over there.
    no kidding!!! if I lived there I would so get the hell out as fast as I could!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

all gun loving brits should move to America, join the N.R.A. and get trained @ front sites
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin