Applying for Concealed Carry Permit

Thread: Applying for Concealed Carry Permit

1. Post Applying for Concealed Carry Permit

I live in California and have recently applied for a CCP. As part of the application I have to state why I would like to have a CCP. Twice now the Sargent has called me and told me to write a different reason. The reason that I want to feel safe and want the ability should it become necessary to protect my family or loved ones is not good enough. We go camping in areas where there can be cougars and bears and I might have to protect our kids or pet.
    I mentioned times are different today than just 10 years ago. We have treats of natural disasters that can leave us in situations where we have to take care of ourselves and loved ones.

Can anyone else suggest what more I should be giving for a reason. I look forward to your replies.

3. That's too bad. Sounds like your state is a "may issue" rather than a "shall issue". I'm guessing they need a concrete reason to grant you the permit. I'm sure they're looking for something along the lines of you having an immediate threat from others. Just guessing.

Holy crap, what reasons have you stated that got you told to come up with another one?? But you do live in the communist republic of California so Iím not surprised. I would think stating that you want to protect yourself from all those gun laws that enable the bad people even more to do what they wanna do would be sufficient. But California pretty much takes the cake in the ďstupidĒ department for thinking all those gun laws help the people. I bet all them gang members with their full-auto rifles, uziís, 17, 18-round pistols and whatever else they have that was purchased illegally or stolen are really affected by all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. What reasons do people give in other states? I want to protect myself and my family first of all. It is my second amendment right to bear an arm, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by SidA View Post
    What reasons do people give in other states? I want to protect myself and my family first of all. It is my second amendment right to bear an arm, is it not?
    Here in Oklahoma, we donít have to give a reason. But I imagine the other stateís that are as goofy as yours who do, would suffice from probably the same reasons you already gave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ó That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, ó That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it"

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. In Iowa I didn't need to give a reason. They just issued it. Easy!

I'm not sure what to tell you.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk