Gun owners stockpiling ammunition - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun owners stockpiling ammunition

1. I go every pay week and grab a box or two of what ever they have I can use just to stock up. Its getting tuff out there.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I was at a few sporting goods stores and Wal-Mart today. If you don't have a .25 auto, you were out of luck for pistol ammo.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

4. Not only have I been buying ammo when I can, I just purchased a Dillon 550B and am in the process of buying bullets, brass, primers and powder too!
    Last edited by Sgt. SIG; 02-14-2009 at 06:07 PM.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

wolfhunter Guest
    Bought more .45 and 9mm today.

Sgt. SIG - I love that bumper sticker
    Last edited by wolfhunter; 02-14-2009 at 06:34 PM.

6. I just bought a 550B three weeks ago and have already loaded over 1000 9mm and 500 45ACP. I'm hoarding brass every chance I get. One range sells it for $1.50/pound and another gets $5/100. I probably have enough 45ACP and 9mm to do 3000 rounds each. My garage looks like an ammo factory.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I just bought a 550B three weeks ago and have already loaded over 1000 9mm and 500 45ACP. I'm hoarding brass every chance I get. One range sells it for $1.50/pound and another gets $5/100. I probably have enough 45ACP and 9mm to do 3000 rounds each. My garage looks like an ammo factory.
    I feel jealousy kicking in..
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Between two stores today I was able to get 400 rds each of 9mm and .40. You couldn't find both in the same place, and these were major sporting goods stores.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

Well I don't believe it is all about an ammo tax. Down here in the Sunshine State people are afraid that with a Democratic Pres. and Congress that they will somehow ban guns or at least the Forbidden Assault Rifles. There is more.The economy sucks and people are getting worried. The economy has driven a new market in home defense.
    Living in Palm Beach county I go to the local gun show regularly, I was shocked at the number of people there buying guns!! I was also shocked at the pricing on some of these guns. It seems the dealer have learned from the gas companies to use the law of supply and demand.
    The internet seems to be the best place for ammo and even weapons.

Unhappy

Did the Wal_mart thang last night. Lots of Shotgun Shells, Lots of .22LR. 1 box of Winchester 9mm that had my name on it. No 40SW, no .45's, no .44mag, no .223's, & a couple boxes of assorted rifle ammo.
    Semper Fi

my brother in law just lucked out in finding 2 cases of 9mm in blazer brass.. so he bought one of the cases (1000 rounds) and I cleaned them out of .45.. will try to get them again on their next shipment:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast