Gun Safe For A Drawer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Gun Safe For A Drawer

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    I have one of these bolted to the floor of my truck!

    Stack-On | Strong Box Personal Safes

    It's east to access, can be mounted almost anywhere and is quite secure. Best part is, if you shop around on the net, you can find one for under $50.00
    Petty much the same one I got for My room in the drawer.
    Don't forget, these electronic ones will let you know when the batt. needs replacement. And also practice in the dark opening it up (IF You get this type) or just close your eye's when you do the push button thing. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs with no problems.
    Good luck on whichever you choose.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

  2.   
  3. #12
    I saw those today at ****'s Sporting Goods for $50. I might have to get one for the truck- for when I have to travel through states that don't recognize my permit.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

  4. #13
    I have one from the same company but mine had a 3 dial lock I like it cause I can keep it in my nightstand. I usually just keep my glock on top of my nightstand and put it in the safe when kids are over at night. We don''t have kids but my wife's little brother likes to come over and spend the night sometimes.
    Top Draw
    Andrew

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by benzuncle View Post
    A compromise: stow your firearm in a gun vault whenever you are not home or not carrying it around the house. When at home, put it someplace you feel comfortable with, on the nightstand at bedtime and on a chest of drawers during the day, etc. And of course, as mentioned, take the mystery out of the firearms by letting your children learn about them. I would let my sons open the revolvers, dump out the ammo on the table, snap it shut and dry fire them. We had an agreement: Any time they wanted to handle the firearms, all they had to do was ask. This took the mystery out of the equation. I also went through scenarios about when they could grab the gun and use it. Back then, I did not own a handgun vault. We also played with matches - IN THE BACKYARD, not in the house. A lot of fun for them. A few very minor ouches. No more mystery. And TRUST.

    BTW: the electric vaults have a key to manually open them also. I prefer the electric unit as it is quick. I would recommend using a 1 finger code on the alarm instead of a fancy shmancy code using all 4 fingers, in some exotic order that you might not remember when the SHTF.
    I agree. Keeping guns a mystery is the worst thing you can do. When my children were little and living at home I would always let them look at and hold and experience how any new gun worked that I brought into the house. I then told them never to touch them unless they asked me first and let them know if they wanted to see one again I would let them. I took them to the range so they could see what a bullet would do to what it hit and how loud they were. They never bothered any of my guns. Training is the main thing not hiding because someday they may be in someone elses house with guns.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree. Keeping guns a mystery is the worst thing you can do. When my children were little and living at home I would always let them look at and hold and experience how any new gun worked that I brought into the house. I then told them never to touch them unless they asked me first and let them know if they wanted to see one again I would let them. I took them to the range so they could see what a bullet would do to what it hit and how loud they were. They never bothered any of my guns. Training is the main thing not hiding because someday they may be in someone elses house with guns.
    I thought the OP was looking for a gun safe for his drawer because he wanted to keep it SECURED from his daughter, not hide the fact that he has a gun? IF this is what he meant, then, I'm all for what was mentioned by HK4U and previous. I misunderstood the OP then. My Rugrats know only what I had taught them on guns/weapons and they know about the safes and what is in them. The big safe they see all the time, but the small one in the drawer (that some of us mentioned) they forgot about because they don't see it all the time. Yes, educate Your Kid's!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I thought the OP was looking for a gun safe for his drawer because he wanted to keep it SECURED from his daughter, not hide the fact that he has a gun? IF this is what he meant, then, I'm all for what was mentioned by HK4U and previous. I misunderstood the OP then. My Rugrats know only what I had taught them on guns/weapons and they know about the safes and what is in them. The big safe they see all the time, but the small one in the drawer (that some of us mentioned) they forgot about because they don't see it all the time. Yes, educate Your Kid's!
    You're right, I just want to keep the gun secure from my daughter when I'm not carrying. That's the gist of my OP.

    I have already started talking to my daughter about gun safety, and she has asked to shoot a gun. So, we will try to go out this evening, if time permits, and shoot the old Daisy BB gun that I've had since I was a kid...actually still works. That will be a perfect time to educate her on safe gun handling.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    553
    Sorry if it sounded like I was correcting Others on here...it was NOT My intent.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

  9. Frankly I feel the only portable gun storage should be for travel. You are just asking for problems with a strong box or drawer safe etc. they can be picked up and walked off with. or worse. If it aint bolted to the floor or installed in a wall. You are just asking a BG to take your guns IMHO

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Frankly I feel the only portable gun storage should be for travel. You are just asking for problems with a strong box or drawer safe etc. they can be picked up and walked off with. or worse. If it aint bolted to the floor or installed in a wall. You are just asking a BG to take your guns IMHO
    With my VERY limited experience, this sounds like a valid point. With that in mind, what would you suggest to accommodate your point, as well as provide fast access in an emergency?

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Sorry if it sounded like I was correcting Others on here...it was NOT My intent.
    Don't worry about it. Any good advice, regardless of the topic at hand, is most welcomed. I'm VERY new to all this gun stuff, so I'm open to any education I can get.

    Thanks...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast