Handgun and Rifle Caliber Comparison From a Medical Point Of View

Thread: Handgun and Rifle Caliber Comparison From a Medical Point Of View

Handgun and Rifle Caliber Comparison From a Medical Point Of View

Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Comparison From a Medical Point Of View

WARNING, this is a medical presentation for medical professionals. There are EXTREMELY graphic photos & video presented for the sake of education, but I am warning you, it is hard core. Only adults should view.

View: https://youtu.be/3PAHu-5-aUM

My Thoughts:

I ended up watching the whole thing. Very interesting. 72% of attacks are with handguns of which 6 out of 7 survive.

He said thatís a good thing otherwise there wouldnít be much for the surgeons to do as shot gun and rifle attacks are almost always fatal.

The impact power of a 9mm is equivalent to throwing up a 10lb weight .72 inches in the air and catching it. Thatís why those who are determined in their attack on you keep coming unless you hit them in the heart, spine, face or brain stem. This was a good argument for a .45.

Great info and knowledge, check it out.

3. Wow! This was so interesting. I always thought fixing such wounds would depend on whether or not there is an exit wound. This has definitely increased my knowledge.

4. Handgun and Rifle Caliber Comparison From a Medical Point Of View

Funny story. I once treated an Iraqi cop whose buddy accidentally shot him 5 times with 7.62mm round while he was cleaning his AK. The rounds cauterized the wound entrance which resulted in very little blood loss. All 5 rounds missed major organs and astonishingly he had no exit wounds and he survived. In the 39 months I fought in Iraq I have dealt with pretty much every possible way someone could die in combat. I was a Medic in the 82nd AD. Ultimately I finished my career as a Combat Medic Instructor.

Sent from my iPad using USA Carry