Doom 'n Gloom - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 'n Gloom

1. Well I like to invest in things that go bang.By low sell high.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me. I'm not complaining about the cost of oil and gas, I'm referencing it since it has a huge impact on the economy. It's too bad our economy isn't strong enough to withstand the impact of high gas prices, because high gas prices will provide the necessary economic incentive for green technologies.

It's true as you say, that the cheap dollar makes American products more attractive to the global market. Too bad our manufacturing sector has fled as a result of crippling trade agreements, so few will be able to take advantage of that. I can't see any good reason to be happy about a weak dollar.

And I just noticed that I posted this thread in the wrong section - it's 'off-topic'. If anybody has the power to move the thread over there, I'd appreciate it. Sorry.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

The real problem is that every sense the Federal Reserve Act was passed way back in the early part of th 20th century we have been living on borrowed time. Once we took the money from congress as stipulated by the constution and turned it over to international bankers things have been going down hill. Is it not ironic, the name Federal Reserve? It is neither Federal nor do we have any reserves.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Is it not ironic, the name Federal Reserve? It is neither Federal nor do we have any reserves.
    That's very good, I'll remember that. :o
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Doom and Gloom

Strange but interesting days are upon us.

Somebody just shoot me, ok?
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

8. It's really interesting what we hear on the news. Everyone talks about the economy falling, and falling fast. "Worst recession ever!" "We've never been worse off!" etc. As I've mentioned before, I am finishing up my college degree. In my investments class we did an in-depth analysis of all the major economic indicators. According to the research we found, we cannot figure out why the media would be claiming a recession. All the economic indicators look upward, with the exception of housing and construction. GDP is still rising (although a bit slower), employment is good, inflation is under control, production is up, etc. I'm not an economist but, according to publicly available data, things aren't near as bad as we're told.

I think a lot of the stuff we are fed about the economy is political. I can just picture people that are pushing the media to say things, especially with an upcoming election. As soon as someone else takes the office, then they will start telling the media that everything is great and then it will be, "Look at me! Look at what I've done as President that others haven't! I saved our economy!" I guess we'll see.

Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    It's really interesting what we hear on the news. Everyone talks about the economy falling, and falling fast. "Worst recession ever!" "We've never been worse off!" etc. As I've mentioned before, I am finishing up my college degree. In my investments class we did an in-depth analysis of all the major economic indicators. According to the research we found, we cannot figure out why the media would be claiming a recession. All the economic indicators look upward, with the exception of housing and construction. GDP is still rising (although a bit slower), employment is good, inflation is under control, production is up, etc. I'm not an economist but, according to publicly available data, things aren't near as bad as we're told.

I think a lot of the stuff we are fed about the economy is political. I can just picture people that are pushing the media to say things, especially with an upcoming election. As soon as someone else takes the office, then they will start telling the media that everything is great and then it will be, "Look at me! Look at what I've done as President that others haven't! I saved our economy!" I guess we'll see.

Not sure about the rest of you but with the National Debt reaching mamoth proportions and none of or buracrats on either side of the isles willing to reign in the spending I don't fell like the future of our country in regards to the economy is all that rosie. I think it is rather a house of cards. Don't look for any changes from the Democrats or Republicans. We keep changing administrations every four to eight years but nothing every really changes.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

well,

all i can say is you can't eat gold dollars nor can you shoot them as bullets.

11. I save pennys they melt down . Silver and gold too but I'm not worr ied about vampires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast