Home Defense choice - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Home Defense choice

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Regardless of what ammo you're using for SD, you're supposed to ensure that you have an adequate backstop, so over penetraton shouldn't be an issue.

gf
    Again, you are correct..... they are supposed to ensure they have an adequate backstop... but most people for HD dont. I have plaster walls for my bedroom since it is the designated "safe room" in my house. Solid wood door with metal frame and a deadbolt as well as a first aid kit that can handle a GSW.

Situational awareness.... people need to make sure they are informed and then choose what works best for them and what their needs are.

I have to admit, I have had this discussion on a couple of other forums and this is definitely one of the most well thought out and intelligent of those. Everyone has had very good points and they have been explainded in an intelligent manner.
    Security is your concern. Helping you provide it is ours.
    www.oramsecurity.com
    USMC Scout Snipers - Stealth, Silence, Precision Violence

I like the idea of a shotgun but my XD-45 is the goto firearm in case of an emergency.

An 80 lb American Bulldog that doesn't like uninvited guests and can snap a 3" branch with her jaw.....

Oh and I prefer my SIG .22. If she doesn't kill 'em first.
    Last edited by AndrewLDoe; 02-25-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    "No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

i have a verity of things to use even semi autos but i would use a bolt action enfield jungle carbine that im very good with, here in ny self defence is touchy and something that would be your very last resort. since we sleep up stairs they would have to climb the stairs in the dark to get you and they would be very hard to miss with a bright flashligt attached to the barrel shinning on them there chance of even surviveing would be slim to non ,if theres a friend behind him he would get it also from the first shot,the bullet would go into the floor behind them at the bottom of the stairs as a safe backstop.the rifle itself also can be used if you remember your military training.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234