Tight Ammo Supply - Page 14
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

While I was out today, I dropped by a different Wal-Mart than I usually frequent and found both 9mm and .45 ACP on the shelves. Got the last box of 100-round Winchester .45 for $29.97 and picked up five boxes of Blazer 9mm for $8.97 each. Bargain.

I didn't get all the 9mm they had in stock. Unlike some other gun owners out there, I won't hoard.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

guys there is none to be had here close by in fbg and kerrville, all are out, and several calls to bass pro and academy in san antonio proved fruitless, something is up, seriously.

4. Went to my local Wally World here in cetral Virginia this morning looking for 38's. For the second time this week they had 9mm's in. Called my buddy who came down and bought 6 boxes (they set a limit per person). The salesman had told me he called the local LEO's to tell them to as they had no range ammo. Long story short they sold 18 cases in about 2 hours. And I picked up a box of 22LR!

As an aside, apparently there is a local gunshop who tries to buy it all but the guys know them well. They buy them at 19.97 a box and sell them for 28.97! And they are almost across the street.

Now I'm as big a capitalist as they come, but come on!

Angry Gun Shops buying the ammo

Quote Originally Posted by krmgator View Post
    Went to my local Wally World here in cetral Virginia this morning looking for 38's. For the second time this week they had 9mm's in. Called my buddy who came down and bought 6 boxes (they set a limit per person). The salesman had told me he called the local LEO's to tell them to as they had no range ammo. Long story short they sold 18 cases in about 2 hours. And I picked up a box of 22LR!

As an aside, apparently there is a local gunshop who tries to buy it all but the guys know them well. They buy them at 19.97 a box and sell them for 28.97! And they are almost across the street.

Now I'm as big a capitalist as they come, but come on!
    We have the same problems here in the Low Country SC (Summerville/Ladson, Goose Creek, Moncks Corners, and North Charleston) where the employees of the bigger gun shop is wiping out most supplies in 4 Walmarts above, especially pistol ammo and he has a stock pile now. His marquis says "We have plenty of ammo!"

Stopped by the local Ace hardware yesterday and some fellow was in the cussing. He had bought a gun a few weeks ago and hasn't been able to find any .45 long colt ammo for it yet. Said he hasn't fired it yet. I did notice that they had signs about a 5 box limit on all ammo and only boxes of 9mm per person. Other than the one the fellow was looking for they seem to have most other calibers but not a lot of choice and they weren't price gouging any more than normal.

Ammo crawling back in Walmart

Went to Walmart last night and saw a case of 40 S&W and a couple 9mm but no bulk 22LR. Some of the hunting and other rifle ammo was in also but variety was limited.

At my store, I think only one attendant can check out ammo since they had to call a specific person although there was someone else at the counter. They are limiting 6 boxes per customer per day and only allowing ammo purchases during specific hours. Personally I think it is a good thing to handle the local gun shops from monopolizing ammo and hoarders. I usually by personal defense rounds from local shops unless there was some great deal but buy bulk on the net.

Tight here in Kansas. Even riifle ammo is getting hard to come by--------plenty of shotgun shells though.

I stopped by Bass Pro this morning. Not one single 22LR of any kind. I told the guy there a month ago that 22LR would be next.
    No bulk or brick 22, no Stinger or Yellow Jacket. No CCI...nothing. 22 for cripes sakes. LOL
    500 and 25 were the only handgun ammo too.

Funny. Speer Gold Dot 40 Cal has been in stock on Cabelas for several weeks now. I think its the only ammo the web site shows as being in stock. Sure am glad I got set up early.

finally found some remington .38 spl plinking ammo for my wifey's pink lady revolver at bass pro, so i picked up a couple of boxes, no .40, .380 or 9mm though, that sucks.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast