Tight Ammo Supply - Page 16
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Some available online ammo at time of this posting...
    TheGunSource: Ammunition
    Im not having any issue on buying the ammo I need at this point. Still finding reloading supplies sucks but ammo is not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Im not having any issue on buying the ammo I need at this point. Still finding reloading supplies sucks but ammo is not a problem
    These guys have a few things...
    Powder Valley, Inc.

Here in Montana it has been hit and miss. Walmart seems to be the best but they run out quickly each week. Last month I drove 150 miles to pick up the last 6 boxes of 40 s&w a store had. They were the only rounds I could find. Now i am buying a box or two every time I go to the store. I know this helping to drive the price up, Supply and demand and all, but I am not going to take the chance of not being able to get ammo. i have cut down on my shooting at the range significantly.
    I have also had a hard time finding components to reload shotgun shells. I was just able to place a very large order, but had to have a friend pick up the stuff in Washington.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Ammo in Oregon is almost non existent! I haven't seen .380 here for about 2 months and primers vacated about 3 months ago!
    Some .40 showed up at a local chain store and it was gone the same day...even .22s are gone!

6. Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Ammo in Oregon is almost non existent! I haven't seen .380 here for about 2 months and primers vacated about 3 months ago!
    Some .40 showed up at a local chain store and it was gone the same day...even .22s are gone!
    Have not seen more than a couple boxes of .45 ACP anywhere in a while; found some .44 mag and lots of .22 lr; an occasional box of .357 - no .38 to be seen, or .380 and rarely .40 - hardly any .32 ACP -

I heard from one shop owner that a shop has to buy as much as $45,000 in ammo to get the manufacturers attention and he can't afford it so he's out permanently -

Walmart had a 6 box limit ~

FWIW -

My trip to Wallyworld resulted in no 22LR, 9mm luger, 357 mag, maybe early Saturday I'll have some luck.

Here in my neck of the woods (PA), ammo for 9 and 45 are hard to come by.

I was at Wallyworld a few weeks ago and the sporting goods guy told me that they had just gotten a delivery that day and they were down to their last three boxes of 9mm ammo. I bought them immediately.

Couple of months ago, I bought About 1100 rounds of 9mm, off of a friend of mine that isn't even a gun guy. His Step-father had it , and my friend acquired it when he passed. Most of it was old surplus, NATO, I guess, made in Finland? It shoots, so I am sitting on the last 750, hoping it multiplies. Best of all, I got it for $100!!!!!!

I had Lady Luck on my side on Friday. I was waiting to pick up the wife on Friday so we could go look at a house and I decided to go to Dicks Sporting Goods in Florence. I was able to pick up 450 rounds. I found 300rnds of .223 and 150rnds of 45 for $200. They sell Americas Value ammo in 150 rnd boxes and it shoots well. I got 2 boxes of 223 and a box of 45. They do have a 3 box limit per caliber. The guy behind the counter said that they got the shippment in the morning and I grabbed the last few boxes. Talk about luck.
    Andrew

Strangest thing....Cabelas has been out of every single hand gun round for 6 weeks, except 40 caliber Speer Gold Dot. Which it has never run out of. That is so strange.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast