Tight Ammo Supply - Page 20
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

1. Quote Originally Posted by danhill View Post
    That's one reason why I started reloading again after about 30 years. I now have at least several hundred rounds for each of my weapons with the exception of my 12 gauge, but 5 rounds of 00 buckshot should be enough for a good start and I have two cases of target ammo on order for it. I've also been stocking up on all the components I can find, but when you can find them it is usually at places like Gun Broker and the prices are generally double the normal retail price, i.e. $85 for a box of primers that would normally run about $30-$35. I know that several manufacturers have stopped taking backorders and some have even stopped selling direct to consumers because the backorders from distributors and wholesalers are so backed up that even with stepped up production, it will take months to clear the backlog.
    buying at those prices you are creating the problem not helping. Most of our local shops received CCi primers last week.

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    buying at those prices you are creating the problem not helping.
    Care to elaborate??
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLaw View Post
    If you were in Vegas and couldn't find any ammo, that may be because the students of Front Sight on their way to Pahrump, NV bought it for their weekend classes.
    7 days a week for over the last 4 months? don't think so...

Supply and Demand 101:

A microeconomic law that states that, all other factors being equal, as the price of a good or service increases, consumer demand for the good or service will decrease and vice versa.

Supply Chain Management 101:

In the realm of supply chain management, “Just in time” refers to an inventory strategy that it used to improve a business’s return on investment through a reduction of in process inventory and all related costs.

When stock drops to a certain level, new stocks have to be ordered. This helps maintain space in the warehouse and keeps costs down to a reasonable amount. One drawback of “Just in time” however is that the re-order level is determined by the previous demand. If the demand rises above that amount, then inventory will be depleted a lot faster than usual and might cause customer service problems.

Purchase limit here in sunny socal is either 2 to 5 50 round boxes per day. Walmart has been out of ammo here for over 8 weeks with no relief in sight. Small pistol primers have been non existant for about the same time frame. I have plenty of powder, cases, and bullets, no primers. Very frustrating.

Cheaperthandirt had som 9mm and 223 but by the time you order its gone.

I just got back from my local walmart. I got lucky again and found them with 4 boxes of .40 on the shelf so I bought them. have not seen .45 at walmart in quite some time.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

It's very tight even as a dealer/trainer to get any from the wholesalers. Cabelas though has been filling back orders for 38 SPL and I bought a bunch of 9MM last week at their store in Kansas City when I went through.

Had to buy retail since my distributors were OUT!
    Last edited by TallGuns; 05-26-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Add why bought retail.

Walmart in Camillus, NY

Walmart in Camillus, NY had 10 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass @ $9/box when I stopped in on Sunday so I picked up 4 boxes. Went through 1 box with no malfunctions, so I'll heading back there tomorrow to buy out the remaining boxes if there are any left.

That makes over 600 rounds (in about 3 weeks) through my new Taurus 24/7 Pro DS stainless without a single malfunction--including Speer Gold Dot +P, American Eagle, WWB, UMC and now Blazer Brass. It eats it all with no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffx View Post
    Walmart in Camillus, NY had 10 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass @ $9/box when I stopped in on Sunday so I picked up 4 boxes. Went through 1 box with no malfunctions, so I'll heading back there tomorrow to buy out the remaining boxes if there are any left.
    :
    Goose Creek, SC had 9mm Blazer Brass ammo at the same price last night. Limit 6 so I bought 6. There was also Winchester 100 round 45 ACP & 40 S&W and various rifle rounds, 243, 270, 223, 30-30, 7mm Rem Mag....

The local gun shop charges $28.99 for the same box of 9mm Blazer Brass Ammo, 2 weeks ago it was $17.99.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast