Tight Ammo Supply - Page 26
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    50 round and all bulk packagings of PMC 40 range ammo in stock at Cabelas. Just came up this morning.
    I was in a Cabellas yesterday and they had some 9 and 45. I was surprised. They didn't have everything but what they did have was expensive. 50 box of 45 Winchester (it was a premium round or hollow point) was $30. I picked up some 45 Magtech for $24 a box, wtf. A year ago that box would have cost 13 or $14 bucks. I should be in the ammo business. If you can get it at Wal-Mart a 100 box of 45 is $30. Ammo shortage may be slightly easing but we're going to be paying more, a lot more. It's a matter of time before WM raises its prices.
    As-Salamu Alaykum. It's a new beginning. Hussein, we love you, man. He Got Swagga!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSumter View Post
    I scored 6 boxes of .40SW BlazerBrass at WM for $12.47/box.

Went to another WM on the way to church and found 2 more boxes. I wouldn't say the supply is opening up, rather, I hit it at the right time.
    Nope. I've been running into 40 BB pretty regularly lately.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    Nope. I've been running into 40 BB pretty regularly lately.
    Man I would not give BB to my worst enemy! I have tried 100 rounds and have a bunch of FTF's and Failure to eject. The worst junk IVe ever shot

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Man I would not give BB to my worst enemy! I have tried 100 rounds and have a bunch of FTF's and Failure to eject. The worst junk IVe ever shot
    I agree with you there. My wife was trying some in her new Rock Island to see if it would eat them. They would not eject and the extractor was tearing the backs out of them. It loved everything else. I think I would give it to my enemies though, They'd be spending all their time trying to whack the casings out instead of shootin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huklberyhound View Post
    I agree with you there. My wife was trying some in her new Rock Island to see if it would eat them. They would not eject and the extractor was tearing the backs out of them. It loved everything else. I think I would give it to my enemies though, They'd be spending all their time trying to whack the casings out instead of shootin!!
    Have you had the same experience with BB in 9mm? My dad and I put a 50 box through his S&W 539, without issue.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

BB works just fine for me. I use it in my .40 baby eagle, my .45 EAA witness and my 9mm TZ-75. works just fine in all of them. no problems with feeding or extracting.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    2000 rounds later I've nevr had a problem. Never. But I've NEVER had a problem with ANY ammo i've run thru my 40. Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Have you had the same experience with BB in 9mm? My dad and I put a 50 box through his S&W 539, without issue.
    I've gone through 200 rounds of 9mm and over 400 rounds of 40.
    No problems feeding or ejecting on either my RIA MAPP 9mm, S&W 40VE or Beretta 96D.

Although my friend did have a dud on his 9mm XDM.
    Didn't have my RIA on me at the time but the primer was indented.
    I have no clue how many 9mm he went through but I think over 1000.
    He had to stop fully loading 19 rounds in his mag, too quick and easy shooting up a full mag.
    He only loads 5 rounds at a time at the range now one at a time.

I have run thousands of rounds of .45 acp and 9mm blazer brass, in multiple pistols (all semi-autos) and only had a few fail to feeds in a new 1911 before it was broke in...
    a little rouge on the ramp and it never happened again...

This is a common problem with semi-autos that have had less then 400 rounds run through them...

or production variances on feed ramps, sharp edges etc...

in my opinion, its good cheap target, plinking ammo...

BEST OF ALL ITS MADE IN THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA WITH 100% AMERICAN COMPONENTS, BY LAW ABIDING U.S. CITIZENS...

BB 40 is all I use for range ammo. I think it's cleaner than WWB ammo. I probably have 1000 rds through my 1 yr old XD and I would say 85% of it has been BB with zero FTF or FTE. It's not clean, but it's cheaper and cleaner than WWB. It's not my carry ammo, by any means, but it would probably work.

I have 400 rds of BB40 on hand. Should last me a couple months.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast