Tight Ammo Supply - Page 32
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

..ain't reading all that crap.

Smile

If sufficient people are shooting less (I cut down from 2 range days a week to one a month, and I also reload) and 'stockpiles' are rising to a comfort level, then demand will drop and supplies will increase. The prices will then drop and we'll all run out to buy some of the cheap ammo we don't need, while we can, and the whole thing starts again.

Does anybody remember the 'toilet paper' shortages of the 70's?
    The Eggman, DmAt, MSI
    GSSF, GOA, NRA, VCDL, VSSF, AFIO
    www.the-eggman.com
    "If you can't be free, at least be irritating."

9 mm

This was interesting.
    I just bought 4 boxes of Federal 9 MM FMJ at Wal-Mart in Henderson Nevada. I was in earlier and found some 22 and wanted more so I stopped by the gun counter. I asked the girl if she had any 22 left. She said "No, but I have some 9 MM." I laughed and said I don't own a 9 MM. She said she only had one case and she doesn't even bother putting it on the shelf. Then it struck me. I've got some really great buddys who can't find 9 MM so I'm going to make the day for a couple of them.
    Federal 115 grain FMJ 50 count box. $8.97 a box. They also had several cases of 40 caliber. I bought two boxes.

I got conversion kits for every gun I could...my 1911, AR-15, 22-250...it's even hard to find .22 now though.

6. Heads up from inside our Wal-Mart. Got ample supplies of .222, .223, 22-250, 30-30 and 40 S&W, hit orders on all those. Built the smaller stuff like 22 mag and 17hmr up to decent levels, at 6 boxes both supplies will last two weeks or so if we got a run. We hit an order of 70 45s in Federals but sold the last of them, only got personal protection Winchesters left. Had hit an order of 308 but they're mostly gone, 4 boxes left maybe. Have loads of .22 Winchesters but all small boxes (we figured if we can't get anything we'll sell the bricks of them). I called Remington directly and tried ordering .22 value packs from then can get maybe 50-80 boxes a week that way but they only last a week, can't build a supply. Virtually everything comes in at some point or another, except for the UMC handgun ammo which has been really sparce (Remington told me they're backordered on the UMCs when I called, for what it is worth). Problem is unless we hit the orders, we can't get any quantity of anything, given the limit since most value packs of white box winchester are in cases of 5 they can still buy them all. Sold the last 15 or so 45s in Federal today. Been a LOT of work to maintain any decent supply and your store would have to really be on top of things. Shotgun ammo has not been a problem, even the 00 buck that some people are having problems finding in certain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchfuleye View Post
    Heads up from inside our Wal-Mart. Got ample supplies of .222, .223, 22-250, 30-30 and 40 S&W, hit orders on all those. Built the smaller stuff like 22 mag and 17hmr up to decent levels, at 6 boxes both supplies will last two weeks or so if we got a run. We hit an order of 70 45s in Federals but sold the last of them, only got personal protection Winchesters left. Had hit an order of 308 but they're mostly gone, 4 boxes left maybe. Have loads of .22 Winchesters but all small boxes (we figured if we can't get anything we'll sell the bricks of them). I called Remington directly and tried ordering .22 value packs from then can get maybe 50-80 boxes a week that way but they only last a week, can't build a supply. Virtually everything comes in at some point or another, except for the UMC handgun ammo which has been really sparce (Remington told me they're backordered on the UMCs when I called, for what it is worth). Problem is unless we hit the orders, we can't get any quantity of anything, given the limit since most value packs of white box winchester are in cases of 5 they can still buy them all. Sold the last 15 or so 45s in Federal today. Been a LOT of work to maintain any decent supply and your store would have to really be on top of things. Shotgun ammo has not been a problem, even the 00 buck that some people are having problems finding in certain areas.
    OK we get it. You are the best Walmart emplyee in the nation. What good does that do us if you won't tell us where you are?

BTW, my local Walmart has just about every rifle caliber that they normally stock. Rifle rounds aren't really the problem, it's the handgun ammo (save for .40 S&W, which they almost always have.) I got lucky on Saturday and happened upon the only 4 boxes of 9mm they've had in the last month or so. Right place, right time.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I landed 4 boxes of 9MM at the Super Wal-Mart in Henderson Nevada last Saturday. Today I bought 8 bricks of 500 count Winchester Xpert HV 22. That was a huge jackpot for me. I've been looking for bulk 22 for awhile as my 8 week old BassPro stash is running thin. I also landed 4 boxes of CCI MiniMags. There was plenty of white box 40 and 45 today as well.
    I won't buy anything else less I run across some CCI Velocitor 22 or some Hornady 380 Critical Defense. I'm finally really well set up. Gonna miss the game tho.
    Oh, Center Mass in Henderson NV had UMC 380 last Saturday. I didn't pick any up.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132