Tight Ammo Supply - Page 4
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

We're having a shortage of 9mm, .380 auto and .45 auto.

Shortage of everything. Went and bought 200rnds. 50 in 223, 50 in 45fmj, 50 in 40fmj and 50 gold sabre in 40. Went to Bass Pro and two other gun shops. All out of most everything. Luckly I found the gold Sabres at my local shop and bought the last 2 boxes. Went to Dicks Sports and bought the last of the rest. All they had was Remington. All in all I spent $120.00 for the 200rnds. Im with the rest of you. I'm just going to buy 50 rounds once a month, and replace what I use.
    Andrew

Rising prices are all but guaranteed. People see the writing on the wall and are loading up, big time. One guy at the local Wally World buys up ALL they have in stock each time he goes in. My sense is the really smart guys are buying up primers, bulk lead and alloy, pots, bullet molds and powder, and saving up all the cases they can find. I will not have to microstamp my firearm, it is called a SERIAL number. Looks like the Gubmint is going to make criminals out of law abiding people when they fire a non-microstamped bullet, or even a lead one if things continue on the same path. Of course, their solution will be to just disarm everyone, except for the criminals. Then you will not need any bullets, cases, ...

hi im new here, could you give me some reason why every one is stocking up,because of price increases,afraid the new pres will restrick selling ammo,the new codeing there trying to push threw,what your view of it,

Exclamation ALL of the ABOVE

Quote Originally Posted by old dude View Post
    hi im new here, could you give me some reason why every one is stocking up,because of price increases,afraid the new pres will restrick selling ammo,the new codeing there trying to push threw,what your view of it,
    Ammo is flying off the shelves because alot of Americans (even some of the cool-aid drinkers) are realizing that IF/WHEN a ban comes down it will be on them when they can't protect themselves, their homes, loved ones etc.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

7. Quote Originally Posted by old dude View Post
    These are probably the three most prominent reasons...

I just picked up the last 5 100 round boxes of WWB 9mm at my local Wally World, $20/box still. Also picked up 2 of the remaining 4 boxes of .22 Remington gold dots. The case did look a little light for other calibers also.

didnt see any real shortage here but picked up 500rds of wwb 9mm pretty cheap at wally world ,they had plenty left might get some more later just in case befor they tax it it to death like everything else here.

Quote Originally Posted by brock samson View Post
    I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Ammo flying off the shelves the past four months.

I was in Wal-Mart and the lady behind the gun counter said a guy had come in recently and purchased $750 in 9mm ammo. Yikes. Wish I had that kind of green laying around.

Everytime I go to the store for groceries these days, I'm buying at least one box of ammo.

How is the ammo supply for you guys and gals?
    Wanted to get another 500 rds of 7.62x39 125 gr Silver Bear ammo from Ammunition to Go. Their web site didn't have any as far as I could tell. Guess I'll have to go elsewhere....sigh...

MNSteve
    Last edited by MNSteve; 02-27-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: add information

.380 auto, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 auto are getting hard to find here in central Kansas. I stocked up before the big crunch so I'm okay for now. I also purchased 100 B-27 targets at bulk price.
    Last edited by BearTaylor; 02-27-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast