Tight Ammo Supply - Page 7
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

A buddy told me that a Wallmart quite some distance from me was having an ammo sale. Ironically, another buddy was going to the town next to it a few days later to do some work. I told him I'd help out if he would stop by the Wallmart and let me grab some ammo. So we get there, and they're out of .40 S&W. So I ask for 9mm. No have. Those were the two main ones on sale. so I figured buy something anyway. Asked for .12 Ga. buck. Can never have too much of that. They had ONE box of 5 left for $15! I can get them anywhere for 4 or 5 bucks. (no pun) so I said how about .22 LR. Box of 550. almost $17 Usually eleven bucks. How about Weatherby .300 Mag.? Nope, none. Seems like they marked everything else up to pay for what they had on sale.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

they had a big thing in the local newspaper today interviewing local gun shops about guns and ammo sales people are buying whatever assult rifles they can just in case they ban them later they will be grandfathered in ,lot of people buying shotguns for home defence,certain caliber ammo going off the shelfs as fast as they get it,22s,9mm,40,45,223,7x39,308,a local guy who bought a case of a 1000 rds of 223 on the internet was visited by homeland security at his home wanting to know what he wanted that much for.lots of people selling there old guns and antiques off for extra money because of the economy,

I was in Cabelas (Hamburg, Pa) last weekend, and it was like feeding time at the zoo in the ammo aisles! Peeps were reaching over each other, some were on their cell phones calling friends to see if they wanted any while there was still ammo on the shelves- it was crazy, and there was a 2 aisle long WAIT for the guns. This week at French Creek Outfitters, where we target shoot every week, there's now a sign that you can only buy 4 boxes per customer!

After a 2 month search, I finally found 3 20-rd boxes of .380 hollow point for $15 each at a local sporting goods store. That's it. They have no idea when they will get more.

I have a big decision to make, I want an M&P 40c but Cabelas has the Ruger Mini-14 ranch rifle on sale for about the same price.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

I was at a gun store/indoor range yesterday afternoon and was pleasantly surprized with the supply of ammo. I got a box of Cor-Bon 9mil +p 115s to try out. ($20) They were only thin on the 9mil sd ammo, tons of 40S/W and 45 target loads. For the Michigan guys, it was a store down in Royal Oak.
    Semper Fi

ammo is tight everywhere.

does everybody know MEIJER carries pistol ammo.

picked up 9mm 8 boxes 100rd winchester $24 each. i left 7 boxes 50rd for $13 each on the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by jonsthaman View Post
    ammo is tight everywhere.

does everybody know MEIJER carries pistol ammo.

picked up 9mm 8 boxes 100rd winchester $24 each. i left 7 boxes 50rd for $13 each on the shelf
    I was told that they do by a friend, but I haven't been to the local store to check.
    Andrew

I'm in kansas visiting relatives and went to cabelas in KC on the way thru and the shelves were packed with ammo.dozens of boxes of all calibers. I picked up a bunch of 44,45,9mil and 762X54. gonna get more when I trot back to ohio. the store is right off 40 and 435 west end of KC kansas
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

10. Quote Originally Posted by brock samson View Post
    I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Ammo flying off the shelves the past four months.

I was in Wal-Mart and the lady behind the gun counter said a guy had come in recently and purchased $750 in 9mm ammo. Yikes. Wish I had that kind of green laying around.

Everytime I go to the store for groceries these days, I'm buying at least one box of ammo.

How is the ammo supply for you guys and gals?
    its getting ugly

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    A buddy told me that a Wallmart quite some distance from me was having an ammo sale. Ironically, another buddy was going to the town next to it a few days later to do some work. I told him I'd help out if he would stop by the Wallmart and let me grab some ammo. So we get there, and they're out of .40 S&W. So I ask for 9mm. No have. Those were the two main ones on sale. so I figured buy something anyway. Asked for .12 Ga. buck. Can never have too much of that. They had ONE box of 5 left for $15! I can get them anywhere for 4 or 5 bucks. (no pun) so I said how about .22 LR. Box of 550. almost $17 Usually eleven bucks. How about Weatherby .300 Mag.? Nope, none. Seems like they marked everything else up to pay for what they had on sale.
    that's been about the prices here since last year sometime... I've been watching them go up and up in price for the last year and a half or so due to the shortage of lead and copper being exported from china. I guess they've been using all the lead for making children's toys?

I found 3 boxes of blazer brass .40 last night at walmart... so bought them all. I check the ammo there as often as I go.. a few times a week and usually get lucky at least once a week.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast