Tight Ammo Supply
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight Ammo Supply

Cool Tight Ammo Supply

I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Ammo flying off the shelves the past four months.

I was in Wal-Mart and the lady behind the gun counter said a guy had come in recently and purchased $750 in 9mm ammo. Yikes. Wish I had that kind of green laying around.

Everytime I go to the store for groceries these days, I'm buying at least one box of ammo.

How is the ammo supply for you guys and gals?
    Last edited by brock samson; 02-19-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

scarce or way overpriced! I just ordered a couple more boxes from Cor-Bon Dakota Ammo and as luck would have it, they are both on backorder

Glockster, love your quote about PC. Awesome!

And your avatar is priceless. He truly is the leader of the Mickey Mouse Club.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Local Wallyworld had quite a bit of 40 and 380 last night but no 9 or 45. Winchester white box was selling for $29/100 (40 cal). Clerk said they were slowly building their inventory up again.
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

I ordered some HD rounds online and took 6 of 10 boxes .40 from Wallyworld. They had just rec'd what they had, too. If ya can't beat em, join em I guess.

The 9's come and go at Wallyworld at two NH stores in My area. Box of WWB 100 are $20.97 which has also been rising. Local Gun shops have them in stock too, but not fully stocked. I pick up a box each time I visit Wallyworld. Been wanting to reload my own. I got the equipment but not any material yet OR a book to learn how.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Sambo42XA, Years ago I had an old flathead 45 like your avatar. It was great, ride for an hour, work on it for three. You will enjoy reloading and can get into it for 100-150$. 9mm is easy and inexpensive. Top Brass @1-800-836-4683 has once fired 9mm cases for 69$/5000. Find Top Brass at Scharch Mfg Inc.. You can reload 9's for about 12 cent. I have found it difficult lately to find bulk bullets and cases at many vendors. Top Brass also has 100% processed brass,(cleaned sized) if ya want to go that way. Starline Brass, in Missouri also markets a quality new product. You can download load specs from the powder or bullet manufacture on line.
    Mija
    Last edited by Mija; 02-19-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Needed to add material.

I was just in Vegas for a few days and I couldn't find any 9 or .40 anywhere for 2 days. I finally found one store that had some 9's. I bought 1000 rnds of american eagles for $270. 1000 rnds was their limit per customer. I also picked up 1 box each of 9 and .40 cor-bon jhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mija View Post
    Sambo42XA, Years ago I had an old flathead 45 like your avatar. It was great, ride for an hour, work on it for three. You will enjoy reloading and can get into it for 100-150$. 9mm is easy and inexpensive. Top Brass @1-800-836-4683 has once fired 9mm cases for 69$/5000. Find Top Brass at Scharch Mfg Inc.. You can reload 9's for about 12 cent. I have found it difficult lately to find bulk bullets and cases at many vendors. Top Brass also has 100% processed brass,(cleaned sized) if ya want to go that way. Starline Brass, in Missouri also markets a quality new product. You can download load specs from the powder or bullet manufacture on line.
    Mija
    I will look into this when I get back from vacation. Leaving tomorrow for FL.
    (my uncle has the 1942xa; has not been ridden in years;I've been on him for years to give it to me..man I love that bike!)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    scarce or way overpriced! I just ordered a couple more boxes from Cor-Bon Dakota Ammo and as luck would have it, they are both on backorder
    Yeah, That's what the little brother said last night, he was getting us some 9/+P's and 40SW for his Sig... HmMMm
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast