Gun for the lady - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun for the lady

If you are set or she is on a 380 Walther PPK, Beretta are a couple good ones however they are not what you would call a pocket pistol. Let here try some other cal. also. There is no reason why she could not handle a 9mm and there are many good ones that are almost as small as a 380.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If you are set or she is on a 380 Walther PPK, Beretta are a couple good ones however they are not what you would call a pocket pistol. Let here try some other cal. also. There is no reason why she could not handle a 9mm and there are many good ones that are almost as small as a 380.
    I dont have my mind totally set on a .380 yet. I still have to take her out to shoot my beretta px4 SC (9mm) to see how she likes a 9mm that size. I just didnt know what were the good .380s out there if she doesnt like the 9mm.

Unhappy Make sure she can rack the slide on a bad day.

Rule - 1 for a semi for use by a frail person:
    Have them rack the slide at least five times quickly.

I bought a lowly KT p-32, then found out my wife
    could not rack it reliably, even when warm and dry.

It now has a 1/16" rod through the slide, detoured
    around the firing pin, and curved into small "ears"
    on each side, which then snap into grooves.
    (yes, it's stable and safe)

also of interest: http://tinyurl.com/be4kjo

Quote Originally Posted by edd browne View Post
    Rule - 1 for a semi for use by a frail person:
    Have them rack the slide at least five times quickly.

I bought a lowly KT p-32, then found out my wife
    could not rack it reliably, even when warm and dry.

It now has a 1/16" rod through the slide, detoured
    around the firing pin, and curved into small "ears"
    on each side, which then snap into grooves.
    (yes, it's stable and safe)

also of interest: http://tinyurl.com/be4kjo

Having "modifications" sticking out on the side of the firearm could lead to snags or other challenges in drawing the firearm from a holster. I strongly recommend to all of my students that their SD firearm should be carried on their person. This applies to both men and women. Many ladies think that "purse carry" is a good option. Many times they overlook the fact that "purse snatchings" occur. I also like to bring up the scenario of how their purse could be across the table at the local fast food joint when the SHTF.

Whatever she chooses is ultimately up to her. I would strongly recommend that she take a defensive handgun course from a professional firearms instructor if she hasn't already.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12