Best 9mm Home Defense/Conceal Carry Round - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best 9mm Home Defense/Conceal Carry Round

I still like the federal HST 147 grain that I found about a year ago after doing some research just like you. they have a specially designed hollow point that does not plug up after going through things like glass or clothes or stuff like that so they expand very reliably. they are reasonably priced at around 24 dollars a box for 50 rounds. what made me choose the federal HST for my 9mm, .40 and .45 was this link right here. at the bottom of the page you can see a fired bullet completely covering a nickle... now that is impressive expansion for a 9mm! check it out here: http://www.btfh.net/shoot/bullet-test-2.html
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 02-21-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

This feedback is awesome, people! Keep up the great work.

Obviously, this is a topic that should be revisited often.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

The MagSafe ammo looks awesome! I'm ordering several boxes right now.
    Last edited by brock samson; 02-22-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

5. Winchester Ranger 127gr.+P+sxt
    This my choice round of choice.

I thought SXTs were 147 gr, in 9mm so I checked before posting. I also found out they changed the name to T-Series

7. Hornady Critical Defense
    Glock'ed and Ready! I will make you think twice*The Goodies Below**Benelli M4*STAG 2T*XD 9*Glock 23*S&W 4013 and some old and rusted thing from the Civil War*NRA*ISRA*

The more I see what is going on at the shelves in the stores I hope the answer to the question "What is the best round" soon is not ... THE ONE YOU CAN GET!

I still have Black Talon round's and will still use them in my S&W 469
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    I still have Black Talon round's and will still use them in my S&W 469
    Bill

I still have a few too. SXT and now T-Series are the Politically Correct replacements for Black Talon. Same bullet just different name and different color. Go figure.

hot hand loads mostly in 9mm first one is a 158 grain 3/4 jacket hollow point after that its a mixed load of jacked hollow points and solids last couple of rounds is tracers,have a 20 rd mag in my pistol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast