Glock Shortage???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Shortage???

1. Glock Shortage???

I told my dealer last weekend I wanted a G21 with night sights. He said, no problem, I'll have it by Wednesday. Went back on Friday to find that none of the Glocks they ordered came in. Another store said that Glocks are hard to come by because the military is getting most of them. I'm going to check another store today.

My primary dealer does have a G21 with picatinny rail but no night sights. They can add night sights, but they are not the factory Glock sights and the price would be more. $650 with factory installed night sights, $700 with store installed night sights...and I like the factory sights better. I hate settling for something other than what I want. I always seem to regret it.

Your thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I told my dealer last weekend I wanted a G21 with night sights. He said, no problem, I'll have it by Wednesday. Went back on Friday to find that none of the Glocks they ordered came in. Another store said that Glocks are hard to come by because the military is getting most of them. I'm going to check another store today.

My primary dealer does have a G21 with picatinny rail but no night sights. They can add night sights, but they are not the factory Glock sights and the price would be more. $650 with factory installed night sights, $700 with store installed night sights...and I like the factory sights better. I hate settling for something other than what I want. I always seem to regret it.

Your thoughts???

Check out the internet aucton sites. Seems like the market has stabalized and there's a healthier supply now. If the local dealer is putting on "Trijicon" or "Glock" sights, then I'd be willing to pay the $50 more to "get it now". From what I recall from my Glock armorers class, "Trijicon", "Glock" and "Meprolight" sights use saphires made by the same company. There are some slight cosmetic differences. They all like the same, but I don't seem to like the look of the "Meprolight" sights. Just my persoal preference, but they all work the same.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Sportsman's Warehouse in Reno, NV has been completely sold out of all Glocks for at least a couple of weeks. Cabela's had a few yesterday though.

I never really wanted a Glock before, but maybe I should look into it while I still can.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

5. I found a used G21 with night sights today for $600, which is way too much. This one had some mileage on it. The finish on the slide was worn down to the point that is was showing silver spots. It's not a problem finding a 21SF, just finding one with night sights.

The finish on the slide was worn down?!? I have never seen a Glock slide worn at all. You can scratch steel on those things without leaving a mark. Are you talking about where the barrel sticks out of the ejection port?
    Last edited by Cooter; 02-22-2009 at 07:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

7. No, the finish on the rectangular slide was worn. I know it's an incredibly tough finish. It must have many thousands of draws form a holster to wear the finish. It could have also been an early model. Could be they improved the Tenifer process in later models. This was a G21, not a G21SF. It was one of the first models Glock introduced.

I'd be inerested to know which branch of the military was supposedly buying up the glocks. My scources tell me that Barretta won the contract again.
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

9. I think it's BS. I think there is a demand right now for guns and distributors are just out of stock sometimes. The same store that said they can't get any Glocks and may not have any more for months may have a whole display case full on Monday afternoon. It's a sales tactic to get you to buy what they have instead of what you really want.

They pulled it on me yesterday. They had a brand new Glock 21SF. Everyone else has the same gun for $599. This place wants $629 and they won't budge on price. Then they wanted $100 for the night sights plus installation. The pitch was that they could order what I wanted but it could take months, when I could take this one home right now. I'm just going to be patient and let my preferred dealer get it for me...Unless I get lucky at next weekends gun show.

I'm not sure about specific models, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of Glocks here in SE GA. The few places I been to that sell firearms over the last couple of months had plenty of Glocks in the displays.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

11. I don't know why I can't find a G21 with night sights. Every G30 I see on the dealer shelves has them. I suspect it's because they can make more money by adding them in the store rather than ordering them already equipped from the factory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast