Gun Lockers in Businesses - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Lockers in Businesses

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCajun View Post
    You know that's really a good point and I respect the attitude you guys have pointed out in regards to taking your business elsewhere. I wonder if it wouldn't also be a wise idea to point out to the manager, even if it's just from their front door, that they're losing your business because of their sign and opinion, that most people would have thought you'd welcome customers like yourself in because you've already proven via an FBI background check that you were a safe law abiding citizen with a spotless record. After all they're only hurting their own business by doing this since concealed carry is becoming more and more common these days. :)

Here's even another thought, maybe one of these web pages or someone similar could make up a ton of business cards stating that very thing, then we could buy 25 or 50 at a time as needed and carry a few in our wallets to hand out to stores who decide upon that policy. It could state something similar to what I said above regarding our being law abiding citizens with proven clean FBI backgrounds checks, that they're only hurting themselves doing that. Hmmm.. Oh well.. maybe I ran with that a tad.

SnowCajun
    My dad has his CHL up in Ohio and one of Ohio pro gun site already has the cards printed up. I think its buckeyfirearms or something alone those lines. I'll see if I can find them.

My dad went into a shop that he shopped at often and picked up around $50 worth of stuff. When he got to the register he noticed a no firearms sign behind the counter. After they rang up the sale he asked for a manager. When the manager came up he politely explained he noticed their sign and the reason he would not be able to complete that sale or any others in the future. Then walked out.

Found them

Here's the site I was thinking about:

https://secure.ohioccw.org/catalog/p...roducts_id=111

4. Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    My dad has his CHL up in Ohio and one of Ohio pro gun site already has the cards printed up.
    What a great link, I wish he had a generic card that would cover everyone, I love that.. perfect! Thanks for sharing it.

SnowCajun

I too, am from Ohio. As long as it is not one of the forbidden places - govt bldgs, mental institutions, schools, airports, places that sell liquor openly ( yes, even restaurants for now :( ), we are able to carry.

Now, if there IS a sign on a private business, if someone notices we are carrying, unless of course we are a complete pompous @$$, the worst that could happen is criminal tresspassing charges. They CANNOT take our weapon permanantly. ( they HAVE to return it when they let us leave )

I am not in the slightest advocating breaking the law, all I am saying is that it IS NOT a felony charge if you decide to carry concealed in these places.

I am considering purchasing some of those cards. My friend has some, and has used them w/ a pretty good outcome for the most. A lot of people are amazed/interested to hear our viewpoint. "What do you know about your other patrons?" Remember, up to the point of the CCW laws, these signs were unheard of. So now, all of a sudden, people have magically started carrying guns in your store? Well, legally, maybe.

I myself try to avoid these places, especially after talking to them and they are unwilling to budge. There are countless other places I can purchase the same products from that readily accept my weapon carrying greenbacks. There are some, you just cannot change.

Ever notice how the large chains do not have them? Why? They know the size of the gun owning community, and understand we as permit holders pose no more threat that most other consumers. Actually, barring a few exceptions, we are probably a safer, stable consumer.

Good luck to all who run acros the businesses. And, I am in agreement that my weapon is safer with me knowing exactly where it is, than having it out of my control. pease oot !
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

To answer you original question, NO….

The property owner has the right to allow or disallow your presence on their property. Do I like it when I see these signs, no, but it is private property and if the Government were begin to tell you who you could or could not have on your property then what would be next?

Yes, as a permit holder you do have the right to carry in both public and private locations providing that it is allowed by law and the private property owner (or the person renting/leasing the property). In some states these signs hold legal weight and in some they do not but to say that they should not be allowed to prohibit weapons (or anything else) on their property or in their place of business is implying that you have more rights on their property than they do.

After all, it is their property and/ business. If they do not want my business I am willing to oblige them. Depending on the type of business I will sometimes tell them, sometimes not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12