Dallas Gun Buyback Program Nets 147 Firearms - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas Gun Buyback Program Nets 147 Firearms

Wink Something smells wrong here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    The article says 20-30 people in line at all times, but they only get 147 firearms. Someone is not telling the truth.
    I'm with you, Jes. The comments reported sound like standard anti rhetoric to me. I have a hard time believing that gun owners would espouse views like:

"They're just taking up space around the house, so, I brought them in."

"They were sitting around. It's in my best interests just to bring'em down." (Sound like programming to you, too?)

"We weren't using it. Too much crime out here anyway," (A good reason to keep a firearm, no? Doesn't sound plausible.)

"Too many guns out there that are not properly protected from kids or from society, so this is a great event," (Um, Brady campaign worker, anyone?)

Yeah, I think that this is bunk. I wish that someone would keep up with these "neighborhood people" and see where they really live. Ridiculous.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Wonder how many LEOs were tied up for hours in this useless publicity stunt?

4. Speaking from personal observation

While I was approaching and buying firearms from the people standing in line at one of these events.....before the police told me to get lost, or get arrested.........

I subsequently noticed that there were "2" lines.

Cops brought a number of junk weapons, which they substituted for the nicer, higher up firearms being brought in.

The cops then went home with their new toys, for a deep, deep, discount. Go figure.

Well, if they were leaving them lying around the house with children, grandchildren, idiot adults running around, I think it is a good move to get them away from those folks before a tragedy happens.

Sure, some of the guns (like the "sophisticated assault rifle") were probably worth a lot more than $50 but these don't sound much like people I would want to have guns if they didn't care enough to learn their value or secure them properly.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

wolfhunter Guest
    I still think I should buy a bunch of gift cards and hold my own Gun Turn In program. 147 guns @ $50 = 147 guns for $735

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhorse View Post
    While I was approaching and buying firearms from the people standing in line at one of these events.....before the police told me to get lost, or get arrested.........

I subsequently noticed that there were "2" lines.

Cops brought a number of junk weapons, which they substituted for the nicer, higher up firearms being brought in.

The cops then went home with their new toys, for a deep, deep, discount. Go figure.
    You need to get that on film. I am sure that's illegal or at the very least against department policy.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    You need to get that on film. I am sure that's illegal or at the very least against department policy.
    Or at likely "official" department policy :-)

I'm sure that most of this stuff is junk, but probability says that some of these things have historic value and they are just going off to the crusher. A shame.
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I still think I should buy a bunch of gift cards and hold my own Gun Turn In program. 147 guns @ $50 = 147 guns for $735
    147 x 50 = 7350. Still well worth it though.

If they don't want it, for whatever reason, well, whatever. To each his own. I just can't believe that the announcement of a buy-back event is the first time it occures to these dunces that they now have a chance to get some money for their gun. Gun shows, gun auction websites, gun stores, the newspaper, craigslist. Even a frikin pawn shop will give you more than $50 for a semi-decent gun.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    147 x 50 = 7350. Still well worth it though.

If they don't want it, for whatever reason, well, whatever. To each his own. I just can't believe that the announcement of a buy-back event is the first time it occures to these dunces that they now have a chance to get some money for their gun. Gun shows, gun auction websites, gun stores, the newspaper, craigslist. Even a frikin pawn shop will give you more than $50 for a semi-decent gun.
    Most of the people that show up with their guns at these event are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    These "turn-ins" happen all the time all over the US. I best these people who are hard up could have sold their guns for higher price at a local pawn shop.
    Exactly. How [email protected]@@ink stupid are these people. Even if you don't want the gun. Go to a pawn shop.
    Stupid sheeple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12