I need some recomendations: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some recomendations:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I have to agree that a revolver would be her best bet. Small concealable autos are not known for easy slide manipulation. One thing that I've found is to make sure what ever revolver she gets make sure that she can pull the trigger in double action. I've had to lighten up several J frame revolvers because they couldn't fire it with two fingers on the trigger. Any competent Gunsmith can lighten the trigger pull enough for her to be able to handle double action.
    That is some good advice I never would have thought of.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

HayO'Shay, + another 1 to the 6 shooter. Like Deer/Wolfhunter said the Taurus or Smith Hammerless. I have family that is ex LEO and she is pretty petite. She carries a Smith with Crimson Trace Grips.
    Semper Fi

Hey Jarhead!

I have been convinced on a revolver, but as to which kind, well...... You know how women are!
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Hey Jarhead!

I have been convinced on a revolver, but as to which kind, well...... You know how women are!
    If she doesn't like Blued, Stainless, or Matte Metallic, look at Charter Arms' UltraLite Guns of Color. Charter Arms: Products

Not sure if I'm the jarhead you mean, but I'd suggest she handle several and see what she likes. A .357 will also handle 38 spl loads, so she could practice light, and maybe carry full .357 loads. Just a thought.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Not sure if I'm the jarhead you mean, but I'd suggest she handle several and see what she likes. A .357 will also handle 38 spl loads, so she could practice light, and maybe carry full .357 loads. Just a thought.
    Jay,
    I think he was responding to RicBak, but with so many of us here, it's hard to tell.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Jay,
    I think he was responding to RicBak, but with so many of us here, it's hard to tell.
    Semper Fi!
    I was. But in hindsight I share it equally with Wolfie...

Jay, please pardon a reformed Squid.
    Last edited by Rick O'Shay; 03-03-2009 at 10:28 PM.

wolfhunter Guest
    Jarhead is one of the nicest things any squid ever called me. Except the one who called me his son-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Jarhead is one of the nicest things any squid ever called me. Except the one who called me his son-in-law.
    I love you too, baby!

Squids......
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast