Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 17

38 52.05%
  • Smith and Wesson MP 9

35 47.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 or S&W MP 9

I have to say that I am very surprised at the outcome of this poll. I honestly thought it would be a blowout in favor of the Glock.
    -Austin

I own both a Glock 21 and a M&P 9. The glock I have had for years and the smith I just picked up about a week ago. I've been carrying nothing but a 1911 lately and have gotten used to the SA trigger. Now I have to work on my trigger control. But all in all I am very impresssed with the smith.

4. got an mp 9 coming. i will take the glock 17 and the mp 9 to the range and see........

M&p/c40

Quote Originally Posted by sav10le_308 View Post
    The trigger on a M&P can be cleaned up quite easily. Just a polish job will do wonders.

How ever there is the debate of doing any mods how ever so slight to a service/duty weapon.
    I will say the trigger pull is bad but may be due to the safte in it but also if you plane to shot it at a target 30 feet away you may want to pratice 1 hour a day with it because it will take you months to put a good paturn
    on paper.
    I have to say not even sure if it is any good for personal protection.

S&W is an amazing gun. I have shot it a couple of times and shoots great

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I have to say that I am very surprised at the outcome of this poll. I honestly thought it would be a blowout in favor of the Glock.

Looks like S&W's marketing efforts is paying off.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Our state police is using the M&P 45 now. It's a great gun.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Glock...1. track record 2. Simple
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

Wow, that is just plain crazy ass stupid!

S&W M&P may be a fine weapon, but it has no history or reputation to hold against the Glock.

Glocks are the AK-47 of the pistol world, and will never be unseated from that position.

I will never trade any of my Glocks for any other pistol. ever.

I trust my life to one pistol.

My Glock.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Quote Originally Posted by babj615 View Post
    Wow, that is just plain crazy ass stupid!

S&W M&P may be a fine weapon, but it has no history or reputation to hold against the Glock.

Glocks are the AK-47 of the pistol world, and will never be unseated from that position.

I will never trade any of my Glocks for any other pistol. ever.

I trust my life to one pistol.

My Glock.

I'm a firm believer in the dependability of my Glock pistols, but would stop short of using the word "never".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast