73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 17

38 52.05%
  • Smith and Wesson MP 9

35 47.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 or S&W MP 9

Glock 17 or S&W MP 9

My department is changing from the Glock 17 to the Smith and Wesson MP 9. Maybe I dont like change or maybe I just lean toward the Glocks. What are yalls opinion on this: Glock 17 or S&W MP 9?
    -Austin

Have you received the Smitty yet?

Try it, you'll like it!

Sure the Glock has the Hollywood, glamour name, but I find the S&W much more comfortable in my hand.

I think you will be happy.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

The S&W has a lot more parts (potential for stuff to get lost or go wrong) and is a lot harder to clean. Good thing about the S&W is that it does come with the take down tool and the ability to change the size of the grip. My biggest gripe with the M&P is the trigger. That break in the middle tends to contribute to "flinching".

They're both good guns, but you can all guess my choice.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. Thumbs up

I have two M&Ps one in 40c and one in 9mm I love both guns fits me well and both shoot like a champ. I do not think you can go wrong.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Glock.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I would take my M&P9c over a Glock anyday, but then again I have never been a big fan of Glock. I think you're gonna like the M&P.

8. My M&P40 is alot more comfortable to me than the Glock.

I would go for the XP M
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

The trigger on the M&P, IMO, is garbage. Then again, so is the GLOCK trigger.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
    The trigger on the M&P, IMO, is garbage. Then again, so is the GLOCK trigger.
    The trigger on a M&P can be cleaned up quite easily. Just a polish job will do wonders.

How ever there is the debate of doing any mods how ever so slight to a service/duty weapon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast