Crimson Trace or LaserMax? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What Lasers Do You Prefer?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crimson Trace

37 74.00%
  • Lasermax

9 18.00%
  • Other

4 8.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Trace or LaserMax?

My Lovely Bride has a LaserMax in her Glock 27. Works like a champ, no issues, and is as accurate as it needs to be for any social encounters. It's not designed to drive nails at 25 yards, and the psychological advantage of a laser sight on the target is incalculable!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Wow, i'm almost thinking neither will work. The laser was for fun and also for duty carry. Not so much for aiming help but for the psychological effect it has on people (would've thought a gun pointed at them would be enough..). Now I'm almost thinking that I need a streamlight TLR-2 as I don't think lasermax is for me, and crimson trace isn't water-proof :(
    REVOLUTION: Idea's spread they cannot stop them an idea who's time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Crimson trace is not water proof and if it gets wet it will die.
    Where are you getting that faulty info? I've had my CTs get totally soaked numerous times. It's never failed over 5 years and 2 trips overseas. In fact, the rubber had worn down some to where I had to tape it back in 2004 and the company replace it for free.

Found this right off the company web site so it's surprising what the "company" told you....

We gave these Lasergrips salt-baths and tested them submerged and in driving rain, and they worked flawlessly under all conditions.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    My Lovely Bride has a LaserMax in her Glock 27. Works like a champ, no issues, and is as accurate as it needs to be for any social encounters. It's not designed to drive nails at 25 yards, and the psychological advantage of a laser sight on the target is incalculable!
    Where do they put the on/off switch on the Glock? The switch for the Beretta 92/Taurus PT92 is in the slide release and has a rep for failing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Landavazoaj View Post
    Wow, i'm almost thinking neither will work. The laser was for fun and also for duty carry. Not so much for aiming help but for the psychological effect it has on people (would've thought a gun pointed at them would be enough..). Now I'm almost thinking that I need a streamlight TLR-2 as I don't think lasermax is for me, and crimson trace isn't water-proof :(
    Crimson Trace all the way. The TLR-2 works well but you don't want that on a carry gun. It will present all sorts of holster challenges. I have a TLR-1 on a G21 and I love it, but it's not a daily carry gun. I carry it in a level 3 Safariland holster made for the tac light on a duty belt.

The G30SF is my carry gun and as soon at they come out with a CT for it, I'll own one.

S&W that's why i carry sig, probably the best video of torture testing around

lasermax or crimson trace, i'd have to say that you'd have to pick on your own personal opinion of what would work best for your needs

thanks for all the reviews guys- I think i'm going to go with crimson trace when their new glock models come out.
    REVOLUTION: Idea's spread they cannot stop them an idea who's time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!- Ron Paul

9. Crimson Trace

Tex from Hawaii was absolutely correct, sent for the DVD and other material for teh Crimson trace, and one of theinstructors speaking on the DVD said yur foinger would block te aser beam if it was in the proper position until you were ready to fire. This helps prevent the one thing people have eld against laser sights, that they give away your position. If it is dark enough to worry about giving away your position, it is too dark to be launching deadly projectiles around wily-nilly. try sending to Crimson trace fortheir information package, instead of lstening to people who do not know the product.. most of them here know it, but a few don't.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

My only issue with the finger blocking the laser is I was trained to ALWAYS have my trigger finger (index) along the frame of the weapon, not in the trigger guard, nor around the trigger guard.

It seems as though crimson trace laser-grips force your finger to rest along the trigger guard. Know what they say about teachin' an old dog new tricks? lol..

btw- I disagree on the "dark enough to give away your position" as a laser can be seen in lit rooms...so a laser can give away position even in moderately lit rooms..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast