Question for all, what do you use for home defense? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for all, what do you use for home defense?

My Mossberg 500, loaded with 00 Buck, is my home defense weapon. Not only will shooting it put a hole in a burglar big enough to throw a baseball through, but if he's drunk, high, or otherwise not aggressive, it doubles as a beating stick. Can't do that with a handgun, although if it's all I have, I can guarantee that I'll use it.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

3. Well aggressive or not, I find a bad guy in my house, I am doing everything in my power to see he leaves in a body bag!!! I'm old and tired, it's time law abiding people send a message to these punks we've had enough.

I have a handgun safe that I open everynight. In it I have an FNP40 with a 135 lumens Streamlight. It is loaded with MagTech 40. Chances are that would be the one I could put my hands on first and I can easily shoot from my bed. If I have time to roll off the opposite side of the bed into the shadow in my safe place/dark corner, it would be the 12 gauge with #4 buck.

5. I use guns. I'd prefer a handgun to fight to my shotgun. OO Buck shot leaves about 6-8 .40 cal size holes in a nice tight group at self defense range. 1 oz slugs are pretty impressive too.

H&K USP .40 on my side, Ruger P89 9mm on my wife's side.

Plus several secured 20 gauge shotguns (loaded with #4 tactical shot) in other locations throughout the house. As a last resort, rifles and ammo are in the gun safe in my office!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Whatever is nearby, usually the Ruger P89 or Keltec PF9.
    [/SIGPIC]Victim Selection Error- an action/adventure novel by M. Todd Bayliss

http://www.mtoddbayliss.com

Just picked up a mossberg 500! My first shotgun! I can hardly wait to practice! On the range ofcourse! Other than that I have an S&W 9mm and a colt 38. It's a work in progress.

9. First line of defense is my 125 lb Rottweiler judas. If he doesn't get em then mr H&K has 13 pdx-1's with their name on them.

First would be my dogs, second would be my 870 custom tactical which is always available and then my Kimbers, whichever one im carrying at the time. My 870 would have to only be if I were close enough to it and I think my Pits will keep them occupied long enough for me to get to it. Then 00 ready. Come to think about it, they probably wont make it further than our dogs. And thats fine with me. Less I have to explain.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

It IS situational. I have a gun sequestered in each room of the house, except the basement. (I "carry" when I go down there. The weight equipment and the model railroad are there.)

The wife and I "drill" on contingencies. For night "problems" I grab the flashlight and my "Tracker" 7 shot 357. Wife grabs cell phone and shotgun and hunkers down beside the bed.

For day work, wife "carrys" to work and I either "carry" or am in a room where I can get to one quickly.

P.S. No kids to worry about "playing" with the guns. Rarely have guests and lock up all except one when I do. (Own a HUGE double door safe.)
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast