What would you do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    To me, this thread borders on if not crosses the line regarding obeying the law. I also would be careful about what I put in print in public! ;)
    That's the point. There are two types of law if you will--God's and Man's. God's are pretty straight forward, easy to understand, and pretty much agreed upon. I'm talking about the Ten Commandments here. They have never and will never change.
    As for Man's, there's the Bill of Rights and if you read them and understand them they are pretty much the same today with minor, very minor adjustments for the passage of time, ie $20 ain't worth diddly anymore--look at the Bill of Rights if you don't understand that point. But they too, should never change, after all they've gotten us throught 231 years so far. So, as a God fearing and God loving person who has always obeyed the law, is a Vet, is a taxpayer (and a lot) I just have to wonder where the re-writting of the Constitution will end. Carolyn McCarthy (D) NY, attempting to ban something as innocuous as the Ruger 10/22 because her husband was shot and killed doesn't work for me. What is next, the 1st Ammendment? ths sole purpose of this thread is to provoke thought, discussion and political action for the up coming election

What to do

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplites1234 View Post
    That's the point. There are two types of law if you will--God's and Man's. God's are pretty straight forward, easy to understand, and pretty much agreed upon. I'm talking about the Ten Commandments here. They have never and will never change.
    As for Man's, there's the Bill of Rights and if you read them and understand them they are pretty much the same today with minor, very minor adjustments for the passage of time, ie $20 ain't worth diddly anymore--look at the Bill of Rights if you don't understand that point. But they too, should never change, after all they've gotten us throught 231 years so far. So, as a God fearing and God loving person who has always obeyed the law, is a Vet, is a taxpayer (and a lot) I just have to wonder where the re-writting of the Constitution will end. Carolyn McCarthy (D) NY, attempting to ban something as innocuous as the Ruger 10/22 because her husband was shot and killed doesn't work for me. What is next, the 1st Ammendment? ths sole purpose of this thread is to provoke thought, discussion and political action for the up coming election

+1 and now is the time to think about what you will do. Each one of us has to make up our own mind. The day will come when you have to decide.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. My concern here was that we not violate the Forum's rules and in any way by advocate breaking the law of this land in any form. :D Luke has said he is liable for what is posted on the Forum.

God's Word is clear that we are to obey those in authority over us as He has established them for His purposes. Unless those persons or laws violate God's Law.

But again, I just didn't want this thread to be locked because we forgot the Forum rules.

Carry on! ;)
    Last edited by Sgt. SIG; 11-09-2007 at 10:36 AM.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

There are legal remedies for even such an extreme situation.

I agree with SIG that it makes no sense to talk about extra-legal remedies on a public forum. Not only does it put Luke's forum in a difficult position, it's also tactically unsound. (think about it...)

I don't like the sound of that God's law stuff though Sig, it sounds too similar to Theocracy and the Divine Right of Kings. I opt for the Constitution as a binding social contract. I won't be the first to break my end of it, but if the government breaks their end, it may no longer be a binding contract.

'Nuff said.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

6. Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    I don't like the sound of that God's law stuff though Sig, it sounds too similar to Theocracy and the Divine Right of Kings. I opt for the Constitution as a binding social contract. I won't be the first to break my end of it, but if the government breaks their end, it may no longer be a binding contract.

'Nuff said.
    He he... just quoting the book ishi, I'll let you take that issue up with the author! :p

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    He he... just quoting the book ishi, I'll let you take that issue up with the author! :p
    Of the Ten Commandments only 6 through 10 are codified in law. The first four are strictly theocracy.

And yes I take issue with one of them. "I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me.

That goes against our laws as well as common sense and decency.

(Oh and I also have a camera so forget the graven images commandment.)

To me, this thread borders on if not crosses the line regarding obeying the law. I also would be careful about what I put in print in public! ;)

I resemble, I mean I resent that remark.

In my post on the subject;
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan1888 View Post
    Guns? What guns?

I sold all my guns to an individual some time back. :D

Records?

I have no records of the sale, as none was required at the time I sold my guns. :D

Tarzan
    I did in no way advocate breaking the law.

In my state is it legal for one individual to sell a gun to another? YES!

In my state is it required to keep a record of that transaction? NO!

In what way have I advocated breaking the law? NONE!

How do you know that I now or ever have owned any guns? YOU DON"T

Since I have sold any and all guns I may have ever owned, that is how I would have to respond if I were ever asked to tun over what I do not own.

QED

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

9. No way referring to you Tarzan! Sorry if you though I was. ;)

To be more clear, I was speaking only in general, no one person's post in mind as I saw the thread slipping further and further toward advocating civil disobedience and out right to heck with the law kind of ideas!

With Luke involved in his move, I thought we might want to be careful about statements in that vein. :D
    Last edited by Sgt. SIG; 11-09-2007 at 02:50 PM.

No way referring to you Tarzan! Sorry if you though I was. ;)

To be more clear, I was speaking only in general, no one person's post in mind as I saw the thread slipping further and further toward advocating civil disobedience and out right to heck with the law kind of ideas!

With Luke involved in his move, I thought we might want to be careful about statements in that vein. :D

I have a very dry sense of humor, if you look closely I said;

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan1888 View Post
    I resemble...that remark.
    I was having some fun.

Actually I agree with you that we should not promote breaking the law. We do have our right to protest injustice but it is also very important to not post things that could be used against you in a court of law.

It is always a good Idea to keep an element of fantasy, for plausible denyability, in what we write and remember that 1984 missed the mark by about 20 years.

Hang in there buddy, I do like the way you think.

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan1888 View Post
    I have a very dry sense of humor, if you look closely I said;

I was having some fun.

Actually I agree with you that we should not promote breaking the law. We do have our right to protest injustice but it is also very important to not post things that could be used against you in a court of law.

It is always a good Idea to keep an element of fantasy, for plausible denyability, in what we write and remember that 1984 missed the mark by about 20 years.

Hang in there buddy, I do like the way you think.

Tarzan
    Hanging!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast