emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts? - Page 12

View Poll Results: who needs a handgun more for their profession?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • NRA Pistol Instructor

23 58.97%
  • Emt and or Volunteer fire fighter

16 41.03%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts?

the line through the rule is the department of ems way of saying it is taken out of the new printing.
    Yes i am there to heal, help my fellow person in distress, im not out to hurt anyone and hope to god i never have to!!! On the other hand i am all about being able to go home at the end of my shift and see my wife and children. when seconds count the police are only minutes away. if you have run in ems very much which i doubt you have near the time in that i have you will have seen many incidents in which the dispatcher was not given sufficient information or did not ask the right question or that they just didnt have any law enforcment to send because they are tied up at the time. next the poll has nothing to do with the original topic, omit it , the original topic has been edited to the point that you cant read what i read in the begining. 0h and what a coincedence my assistant chief was a police officer to, in which before he went to the academy i attempted to teach him how to shoot a pistol, only to find out he was cross eye dominant. what a coincedence! and yes i would trust him with a weapon just as much as myself! i have not said that we are law enforcement, or that we are military, or that we need a gun more than anyone else. my point was about him downing emts and firefighters for geting a discount and his profesion didnt. but its all lost witheverything being edited out. i aint calling names other than mall ninja which is very mild compared to what i have recieved in emails i can tell you.

case in point we had one about 12 years ago where we were called to a structure fire on the court circle and as the ambulance pulled up gunfire was exchange between an assailant and a state police officer who just happend to be standing in the right place at the right time to save countless live's .. the incident made it on real stories of the highway patrol. what if he hadnt been standing there, how many lives would have been lost, no one knows!
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    the line through the rule is the department of ems way of saying it is taken out of the new printing.
    Yes i am there to heal, help my fellow person in distress, im not out to hurt anyone and hope to god i never have to!!! On the other hand i am all about being able to go home at the end of my shift and see my wife and children. when seconds count the police are only minutes away. if you have run in ems very much which i doubt you have near the time in that i have you will have seen many incidents in which the dispatcher was not given sufficient information or did not ask the right question or that they just didnt have any law enforcment to send because they are tied up at the time. next the poll has nothing to do with the original topic, omit it , the original topic has been edited to the point that you cant read what i read in the begining. 0h and what a coincedence my assistant chief was a police officer to, in which before he went to the academy i attempted to teach him how to shoot a pistol, only to find out he was cross eye dominant. what a coincedence! and yes i would trust him with a weapon just as much as myself! i have not said that we are law enforcement, or that we are military, or that we need a gun more than anyone else. my point was about him downing emts and firefighters for geting a discount and his profesion didnt. but its all lost witheverything being edited out. i aint calling names other than mall ninja which is very mild compared to what i have recieved in emails i can tell you.

case in point we had one about 12 years ago where we were called to a structure fire on the court circle and as the ambulance pulled up gunfire was exchange between an assailant and a state police officer who just happend to be standing in the right place at the right time to save countless live's .. the incident made it on real stories of the highway patrol. what if he hadnt been standing there, how many lives would have been lost, no one knows!
    you are full of crap.

no where in the va state attorneys office does it state emts can carry side arms.
    nice try

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    you are full of crap.

no where in the va state attorneys office does it state emts can carry side arms.
    nice try
    once the edition of va fire and ems related laws is printed without that rule that prohibited everyone but sworn law enforcement is stricken from it. then there is nowhere that say anyone with a ccw cant. unless we post a sign on all the entrances to the ambulance. You will only find a copy of that red book in a firehouse or rescue squad. ive tried to find it online and cant. your just mad because at every comment youve made you have been shut down

You can ASSume to think I am anti gun rights but I am not, far from it. If you read it says I don't care what you do or what you carry ON YOUR OWN TIME. You may have more time as an EMT, doesn't mean your better than I am or you have a better knowledge of it, just that you have been doing it longer. You don't know me nor know what I have been in or what scenes I have rolled up on and yes I do want to go home to my family at the end of the day. Don't think I can't take a life if in that situation, again, think what you will. If I had a dollar for every time someone thought ill or bad of me, I would be well off.

You have your views and I have my views. I respect your right to think that EMS/Fire Fighters should have the right to carry while on scene as a volunteer or paid, and I have my rights to my views that they should not. Let's leave it at that. But, if people are so dog rabid that they want to start accusing me of being anti, I can find another group that isn't so nasty and mean spirited and name calling, that they respect one anothers views and understand why they think the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    In Michigan during the riots of the 60 n 70's the rioters would set fire to buildings, and when the fire showed up use them and any EMT's that showed for target practice. Now they can carry and in some small townships the police serve triple duty as EMS/Fireman.... Also they are all exempt from the Switchblade rule. (automatic knifes are illegal here)
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cari A. View Post
    You can
    ASSume
    to think I am anti gun rights but I am not, far from it. If you read it says I don't care what you do or what you carry ON YOUR OWN TIME. You may have more time as an EMT, doesn't mean your better than I am or you have a better knowledge of it, just that you have been doing it longer. You don't know me nor know what I have been in or what scenes I have rolled up on and yes I do want to go home to my family at the end of the day. Don't think I can't take a life if in that situation, again, think what you will. If I had a dollar for every time someone thought ill or bad of me, I would be well off.

You have your views and I have my views. I respect your right to think that EMS/Fire Fighters should have the right to carry while on scene as a volunteer or paid, and I have my rights to my views that they should not. Let's leave it at that. But, if people are so dog rabid that they want to start accusing me of being anti, I can find another group that isn't so nasty and mean spirited and name calling, that they respect one anothers views and understand why they think the way they do.
    Well thanks for calling me a ASSume. Does not really matter what i think Every word in your last few posts sound just like a anti gun person. The fact of the matter is Times are changing and states are opening up to the idea. Sheldon says in MI they can carry, In NH they can carry in some towns. Then your great state of VA has said yes they can as well. When people start filing lawsuits for their second amendment rights being infringed on other towns and states will start to open up to the idea. In my last posts all i said was the way you are talking makes you sound like a anti at no time did i call you a name. So it just goes to show what kind of person you are if you have to lower your self to that level. Yet you talk about respecting other peoples point of views? Well who is the one throwing the Curse words around?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

*sigh* I give up

9. i am still lost.

if emt;s are allowed to carry side arms concealed. how can they treat some one inside a bank? or some one inside a mall with no guns allowed signs on the front doors. or goverment buildings. or in some states resturaunts that sell and consume alcohol?

police officers are allowed to open carry in these places. doesnt this slow up the response time of the emt's?

and . if they are allowed to break these rules. this is not a bad ideal to go to a 5 week course to get a basic emt qual just to carry. no blet, no police academy. the only rules are the states concealed laws? wow! thats a deal. sign me up!

10. Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post

i do not work in a mall. if you must know i am employed by a company based in moyock nc.
    i do psd. i doubt you know what that means.
    anyways. great post to all.
    keep the poll up/ i will be gone for a few weeks.

later all
    take care stumps

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    i am still lost.

if emt;s are allowed to carry side arms concealed. how can they treat some one inside a bank? or some one inside a mall with no guns allowed signs on the front doors. or goverment buildings. or in some states resturaunts that sell and consume alcohol?

police officers are allowed to open carry in these places. doesnt this slow up the response time of the emt's?

and . if they are allowed to break these rules. this is not a bad ideal to go to a 5 week course to get a basic emt qual just to carry. no blet, no police academy. the only rules are the states concealed laws? wow! thats a deal. sign me up!
    simplly it wont give us a pass to go anywhere that any ccw cant, when the event happens that hypothectically we respond to one of those places , we just slip it off holster and all and place it in one of our locked compartments within the ambulance ours have several. it will take only seconds... and it will be under lock and key!!! in a parking area. oh and yes i know whats in Moyoc nc. i have friends who contrct for them

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast