emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts? - Page 7

View Poll Results: who needs a handgun more for their profession?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • NRA Pistol Instructor

23 58.97%
  • Emt and or Volunteer fire fighter

16 41.03%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts?

1. u guys are just being spiteful on the voting poll now...................

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    regular emt's dude! quit trying to justify the medcal field.

regular emt's and volunteer fire fighters are the topic.........and besides what do you call a corpsman that is seal qualified? how about a seal...............just elaborating on your swat medic who would fall under the leo discount anyways.

talking about the mossy oak volunteer dog box in the back of the truck in the middle of the woods in easter nc emt's ......putting there lives in danger every day by mudbogging........... and getting a discount
    If the little icon said people who qualify for discounts instead of law enforcement you would have absolutely nothing to argue about.. if you put as much time and effort into finding a place to teach your classes and provide your students a range in which to prove competency with a firearm as you do trying to cling to some pointless arguement, then you would have a pretty good buisness going right now with income instead of a piece of paper that says you can teach it. i have access to both classroom and a pistol range and 500 yd rifle range maybe i should consider putin in a few hours and get my slice of the pie. since there is a huge surge to get there CCW permit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    u guys are just being spiteful on the voting poll now...................
    you are argueing hows fire/ems considered law enforcement. the pole is off topic and i have to admit in my job a firearm is not needed and if it should be there should alredy be PD on the scene. in theory thats the way it is supposed to work anyway. when i voted on the pole i actually had a momentary lapse in judgement starting to stoop to your level and allowed you to get one wack in at beating me to death with all your experience.

5. since stump jumper is getting personal........ posting my info from other threads i am done with this post..

clearly and individual that will use low blows against a person to win and arguement..

no hard feelings to the people who shared there opinnions on my thread. i appreciate it guys and gals.

time to end this one.. getting to personal.

peace out !

6. Who sacrifices more in service to the general public? Hmm. Not that I don't appreciate firearms instructors but this is a no brainer.

People who risk their lives for you (and usually do so for meager wages) deserve more than they get. Whether it is a small discount on glocks or whatever.

I know several officers that have to work a second job just to make ends meet.

Nothing personal but I do not believe that a firearm instructor performs a public service.

And before I get blasted, know that I voted that a firearm instructor needs a gun for their job more than an EMT/Fireman but that is not the same as who should get the discount.
    -Austin

After posting I noticed how childish and irrelevant this thread has become. It is ridiculous that I feel bad that I participated in a thread that is this dumb.

You guys are getting heated and acting out about something as stupid as an internet post possibly disagreeing with your personal point of view.

You all need to seriously reconsider and reflect on if you are the kind of person that should be carrying a firearm concealed. Or are you the person that murders someone out of road rage.

My final point is this (like anyone really cares):

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win you are still retarded.
    -Austin

[QUOTE=Austin;69053]People who risk their lives for you (and usually do so for meager wages) deserve more than they get. Whether it is a small discount on glocks or whatever.

I know several officers that have to work a second job just to make ends meet.

Nothing personal but I do not believe that a firearm instructor performs a public service.

And before I get blasted, know that I voted that a firearm instructor needs a gun for their job more than an EMT/Fireman but that is not the same as who should get the discount.[/QUOTE]

I refrained from voting out of principle.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Let's tone it down a bit guys esp with the name calling. There's no reason to argue about who another company is giving discounts to with each other. Yes, I see that EMT etc is listed under a Military and LEO discount but that's up to them. I'm pretty sure you said you sent them an email. Hey, maybe someone else will pick up on the idea and give some discounts to Instructors.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

First responders and instructors should be entitled to the discount.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast