emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts? - Page 9

View Poll Results: who needs a handgun more for their profession?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • NRA Pistol Instructor

23 58.97%
  • Emt and or Volunteer fire fighter

16 41.03%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts?

1. Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    First show me a town that has Less than 500 people there arent many, next does someone in that town have less of a heart attack than someone in a bigger town. the medic in a smaller town often is just as sharp if not sharper on his skills than the bigger city boys cause they have to transport their patients farther and keep thenm stable longer than the places who have a hospital on every corner. does their house burn slower or at a lower temperature than someone in a larger town. oh my disagrement was never who needed a firearm more for their profession, us medic/firefighters dont. mine was you thinking that we are useless mudboggers who dont do anything that your profession should be at the top of the list which has been edited out of your posts. the poll is pointless and off the topic were were having, just give it a rest.
    dude! no one doubts that regular emt's do not work hard.

all i am trying to say is..........they are not part of law enforcement so they should not be included in the law enforcement discounts.
    having a seperate discount i think would be fine. but if they are not police officers then they are not police officers! why is this so hard to understand?
    you are the one that keeps giving your salty war stories.

I tried to end this several days ago. now maybe we should move into a new direction. Emts should get a discount but not under military or law enforcement.
    Last edited by gunther37; 03-27-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: mis spelling

3. Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    First show me a town that has Less than 500 people there arent many, next does someone in that town have less of a heart attack than someone in a bigger town. the medic in a smaller town often is just as sharp if not sharper on his skills than the bigger city boys cause they have to transport their patients farther and keep thenm stable longer than the places who have a hospital on every corner. does their house burn slower or at a lower temperature than someone in a larger town. oh my disagrement was never who needed a firearm more for their profession, us medic/firefighters dont. mine was you thinking that we are useless mudboggers who dont do anything that your profession should be at the top of the list which has been edited out of your posts. the poll is pointless and off the topic were were having, just give it a rest.
    wtf?

and how does this qualify emt under a law enforcement field?

wolfhunter Guest
    Gunther,
    Why do you think a consultant (the instructor) should get a discount for doing what he's paid to do? Mechanics don't typically get a discount on wrenches, nor do the EMT types get discounts on their tools. It's not about who needs the tool, it's about Bud's extending the LE & Military discount to other people whose service THEY choose to recognize.

Start teaching Pistol classes ProBono and maybe they'll decide to cut their profit for you, too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Gunther,
    Why do you think a consultant (the instructor) should get a discount for doing what he's paid to do? Mechanics don't typically get a discount on wrenches, nor do the EMT types get discounts on their tools. It's not about who needs the tool, it's about Bud's extending the LE & Military discount to other people whose service THEY choose to recognize.

Start teaching Pistol classes ProBono and maybe they'll decide to cut their profit for you, too.
    ummmmm. law enforcement don't use pistols as tools of there trade?
    ummmmmm. military doesnt use weapons anymore?

wolfhunter Guest
    Gunther, you avoid the point of many of these posts just so you can continue whining.
    If Bud's wants to open a S&W (or other) discount to the local groundskeepers because they like the way the bushes are edged, that's Bud's perogative, and that discount comes out of BUD'S profit. If the matter of who needs a gun for work were the real issue, my take is simple. An instructor does NOT need a pistol to teach, but the students need a pistol to learn. Maybe YOU should be giving out gift cards for your students.

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    wtf?

and how does this qualify emt under a law enforcement field?
    you should contact buds and ask them to change the icon to " people in which we choose to offer discounts too" and leave the affilaition with law enforcement alone. there is no affiliation other than both professions fall under public safety/first responders. it's cheaper for anyone to pay full price then it is to go out of your way to fall under one of their discount recipients categories.
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Gunther, you avoid the point of many of these posts just so you can continue whining.
    If Bud's wants to open a S&W (or other) discount to the local groundskeepers because they like the way the bushes are edged, that's Bud's perogative, and that discount comes out of BUD'S profit. If the matter of who needs a gun for work were the real issue, my take is simple. An instructor does NOT need a pistol to teach, but the students need a pistol to learn. Maybe YOU should be giving out gift cards for your students.
    one may argue that all legal valid concealed permit holders should get the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    you should contact buds and ask them to change the icon to " people in which we choose to offer discounts too" and leave the affilaition with law enforcement alone. there is no affiliation other than both professions fall under public safety/first responders. it's cheaper for anyone to pay full price then it is to go out of your way to fall under one of their discount recipients categories.

I always thought that "military contractors" being that they have an ID card issued by the military would be entitled to ge the discount. I know two civilian armed security officers got the S&W discount from Bud's. They tried to convince me to purchase a M&P and told me about the discount that Bud's offers. They fax'd a copy of their military ID card and a letter from their supervisor stating that they were assigned to the military base, and got the discount. I checked with a couple of other manufacturers and found that their discount program was better than S&W, so opted to take advantage of their offers instead.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

10. Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    volunteer emt are considered civillians.

i have given up on buds!

why won't you admit emt volunteers are not considered military?

11. You used two different questions. The profession that NEEDS the gun for their profession would be the EMT/FIREFIGHTER. Being both of those I am a little biased however we put our lives in great danger and a lot of the time we don't know what we're getting into when we respond to a call.

The NRA instructor will probably USE the gun more for his or her profession but I also think they should get discounts on gun purchases as well.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast