gunman opens fire in NC nursing home
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gunman opens fire in NC nursing home

gunman opens fire in NC nursing home

pretty bad when your not even safe in a nursing home!!!! Police: NC nursing home shooting kills at least 6 - Yahoo! News
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

scary. more multiple random shootings are happening. Why? I do not know.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt One.

Up date.

8 Dead in North Carolina Nursing Home Shooting
    FOXNews.com - 8 Dead, 3 Injured in North Carolina Nursing Home Shooting - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Not sure about there but here in Texas nursing homes are gun free zones. Perhaps the shooter did not read the sign.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

there not gun free zones here in va, however im sure none will allow the residents to have one. thats just horrible to live to a ripe retirement age and be killed in such a tragic sensless shooting. i think he should burn at the stake

I bet the nurse and others who are "trained to heal" could have benifited from having a concealed firearm readily available. Classic example of how several people are killed before the police are able to make it to the scene. I'm glad the officer got there quickly and the killing was stopped, but in reality it's a sad fact that 8 people lost their lives.

One of the reasons why I carry "whenever leagally allowed" to do so.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Up date.
    8 Dead in North Carolina Nursing Home Shooting Not sure about there but here in Texas nursing homes are gun free zones
    ]
    Perhaps the shooter did not read the sign.[/I][/QUOTE]

The sad part is he probably did know. We had a robbery here in SC at a hospital parking garage guess where you can't carry unless you are a B.G. that’s right the hospital.
    Last edited by bigspurr; 03-29-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: left out part of the quote

8. This is terrible and I feel bad for the families. These thugs continue to have a consistent pattern. They go after places where they will not likely run into any resistance. But you won't hear that on the news shows in the morning.

So sad....my prayers to the family and loved ones
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I bet the nurse and others who are "trained to heal" could have benifited from having a concealed firearm readily available. Classic example of how several people are killed before the police are able to make it to the scene. I'm glad the officer got there quickly and the killing was stopped, but in reality it's a sad fact that 8 people lost their lives.

One of the reasons why I carry "whenever leagally allowed" to do so.

gf
    glock fan i was waiting for someone else to say it . you know ambulances with medics of course spend a lot of time in those establishments. they are probably about 10% of our calls.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    there not gun free zones here in va, however im sure none will allow the residents to have one. thats just horrible to live to a ripe retirement age and be killed in such a tragic sensless shooting. i think he should burn at the stake
    I had just left my Mother who is in a center much like this one when I heard about the shooting. One thing ifor sure is if they allowed residents to have guns in that center my Mother would not be there. Very few of the residents in that facility could be trusted to carry a gun or even a knife around. As for the staff being armed I would be concerned about that as they way the have to interact with the residents it would be very easy for one to get hold of the gun from a staff member even if carried in a retention holster. The only door that is unlocked for the public to enter is the front door.

Visiting the residents in an Alzheimer's faciltiy is both tragic and funny at the same time. You have to laugh at the residents but keep an eye on them at the same time because yuou can never tell what they will do next. Afriend of mine lived nesxt door to his wifes father and mother. One day his fil came over and said, "You know that woman that lives in that house over there. The next time she fusses at me I am going to kill her". The sad part was that he did not even know that the woman was his wife and he actually meant he was going to kill her and would not have hesitated to do it.

Not all the crazy people are in the asylum and we have just seen that. Bad things are going to happen, we just need to try and minimize them as much as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast