USMC Military Rules to live by: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USMC Military Rules to live by:

Gun fight

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    If your going to ATTEND a gunfight . Stay home!!!!!!!!!
    What if the gun fight is at your home?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Then you should have long guns avialable. It's hard to pack my Mossy Persuader when out and about, but it's close at hand in the house. If necessity presents I can fight my way to the shotty with the 9mm on my person.
    "I have never been convinced that 9mm is not an effective weapon."
    The 9X19 got a rep as an inadequate stopper because of military ball ammo.
    With modern HP ammo and good shot placement (a univeral caveat for any shooting situation) the 9X19 seems to work OK. Sure, other loads are a couple of points ahead of it in the street shooting studies, but the defensive calibers from the 9X19 on up aren't more than a couple percentage points apart, and all are in the mid-90s using JHP ammo. The nice thing about the
    9mmP is that it's cheaper than most other fighting calibers allowing more practice per $. A hit with a 9mm beats a miss with anything.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Good reading

Good reading, thanks for the post.

Well since its a USMC list, I figure Marines tend to attend a few gunfights. Its what they practice for and what they are designed to do.

As far as the 9mm. I agree on the cheap factor. I cant reload easily where I am currently, so I like cheap versus not as cheap. I think that if you do carry with a 9mm, its good to have a hicap magazine. That way if one does not stop the aggressor, the 10 other rounds following near in suit should. It may not be a one shot stopping caliber, but multiple hits should get anyones attention.

Semper Fi ~ To all my friends in the beloved corp, fightin the fight.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

I was in The Corps for 8 years, I Don't remember ever seeing those rules?
    You can run, But you only get caught tired

7. The truth be known, I have seen this list attributed to other branches of the service but what the heck, it a fun list! ;)

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Yes, very true. After searching around I've seen this for the rangers, seals, marines, and everyone else for that matter that I did not include. None the less its a good list for all those preparing for conflict, getting caught in conflict, or heading into conflict. Not quite creed like, but all points make a point.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12