Got My Ruger LCP Today But Can't Find Ammo! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got My Ruger LCP Today But Can't Find Ammo!

Yes, go to those sites though and they are all sold out.

Picked up my wifes LCP Thursday night, (had it on back order since Oct). But being the wise man that I am I bought 300 rounds of .380 back in Dec from Cabelas, (back ordered at the time). Now here's the rub.... My wife hasn't been able to make time to go shoot it. So here I am with a new toy and still can't play with it.
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

I put some 380 Gold Dot on backorder with Cabela's back in March, luckily I received it about 3 weeks later.
    380 ammo can currently be found on Gunbroker.

5. Luke I can help you out. I have 380 ammo so you can just send me the LCP and I will brake it in for you.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    Order a box from Buffalo Bore direct, so at least you have some decent self defense ammo. It's too pricey for range shooting but it's a good round and when I ordered from them last month I received it in 3 days. There website still shows it in stock as of now.
    That's +P which the manual says I can't shoot through the LCP.

This is all sold out too.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    Luke I can help you out. I have 380 ammo so you can just send me the LCP and I will brake it in for you.
    Nice offer but no thanks! I found a friend with...don't laugh....10 rounds of 380 that they are giving me. I'm also working on a couple other sources. I checked gunbroker but just don't want to pay the prices people are paying for that ammo on there.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

7. Luke there are two places here in Ohio that has it Fin Feather Fur Outfitters and The Sportsmenís Den they both have web sites and you can order from them. I was just there and it is in stock (well as of 5:00pm) 380 and 9mm $19.99 a box two box limit.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    That's +P which the manual says I can't shoot through the LCP.

I know. The manual says you are not to carry the gun loaded either, unless you are ready to shoot it immediately. I don't know of many who use it for CCW who keep the chamber empty while carrying however. :)

Lot's of folks over at Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source shoot it and say it works just fine. I wouldn't use it for range ammo anyway, it's too expensive. I personally use Remington Golden Sabre as my SD ammo, but I do use the Buffalo Bore in both of my other two Rugers. It is an option for you, just putting it out there.

Lucky you still have Primers and Powder

Quote Originally Posted by SubHntr View Post
    Just had a gun show here in Norfolk 2 weeks agos and in Hampton this weekend. No 380/9mm/38/357/ to be found. I'm glad I reload I seem to be having trouble finding the one I can't reload, though (.22LR). I found two boxes of CCI Blazer for 2.90 a box.
    Can't get any primers to reload and just saw MidwayUSA has some powder but at 2X the price....

I know the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Well nothing sucks more than picking up a new gun and not being able to find ammo for it. Ruger sent me the LCP to review and I picked it up this morning. I've called all the stores in my area and checked all over the internet and I can't find any .380 ammo. Guess it'll be a nice paper weight for a bit until I can find some.
    My normal carry is a 380 because it is so compact low on ammo. No practicing and thinking about carrying something else - patience.

I feel ya
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast