Got My Ruger LCP Today But Can't Find Ammo!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got My Ruger LCP Today But Can't Find Ammo!

Got My Ruger LCP Today But Can't Find Ammo!

Well nothing sucks more than picking up a new gun and not being able to find ammo for it. Ruger sent me the LCP to review and I picked it up this morning. I've called all the stores in my area and checked all over the internet and I can't find any .380 ammo. Guess it'll be a nice paper weight for a bit until I can find some.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Man, that sucks - got a new toy, and can't play with it!!! Good luck finding ammo! Too bad you're not in SC - there's a gun show this weekend!
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

There was a gun show last weekend that I didn't go to and I'm kicking myself now for that. There's also one about an hour and a half away this weekend that I'm thinking of taking a trip too.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Ammo

Just had a gun show here in Norfolk 2 weeks agos and in Hampton this weekend. No 380/9mm/38/357/ to be found. I'm glad I reload I seem to be having trouble finding the one I can't reload, though (.22LR). I found two boxes of CCI Blazer for 2.90 a box.
    Jim
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."
    Yoshimi Ishikawa

Sorry to here. I know it's a pain right now. About four months ago I ordered from Sportsmans Guide they said it would be a few months. It shipped in around three weeks seems like, so you never know. Might want to give them a try. Good Luck.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

It was three months between sightings of .380 ammo for me. The drought ended a few days ago when I got two 100-rd Winchester WB FMJ at Wal-Mart. I only took two of the five boxes, the rest were gone by later in the day.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

Looks like my friend and I are going to put in a backorder on some from http://www.sportsmansguide.com/.
    Last edited by lukem; 04-21-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Good luck with backorders, everyone who takes them already has a lot.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

Order a box from Buffalo Bore direct, so at least you have some decent self defense ammo. It's too pricey for range shooting but it's a good round and when I ordered from them last month I received it in 3 days. There website still shows it in stock as of now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast