North Carolina Sheriffs' Association against 2nd amendment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina Sheriffs' Association against 2nd amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Yeah, but if you're from NC, you usually don't have a FL concealed permit. I was stating that gunther37 could drive in any number of directions from NC where he could buy a gun without the hassles.
    Very true, although many states have laws about sale/buying handgun out of state. I know when I go to Ohio I can buy a handgun but it has to be shipped back to a FFL in my state. Which then goes through whatever process is in place for that state.

Now long guns on the other hand are another story. I did buy a Savage a few weeks ago while in Ohio. Much cheaper then here in Florida
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Very true, although many states have laws about sale/buying handgun out of state. I know when I go to Ohio I can buy a handgun but it has to be shipped back to a FFL in my state. Which then goes through whatever process is in place for that state...
    It's Federal law that lets states allow out of state purchase of long guns but still requires handguns to be sent to an FFL in the buyer's home state.
    ...Now long guns on the other hand are another story. I did buy a Savage a few weeks ago while in Ohio. Much cheaper then here in Florida
    Good for you, enjoy your new rifle. I buy guns out of state too. I'm in AZ several times a year and guns are generally cheaper there than here. One of the big incentives besides price is an automatic $25 savings because AZ uses the Fed Brady check while NV insists on ripping residents off for the check.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    North Carolina Sheriffs' Association against 2nd amendment. I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol but i feel that it is a statement of chopping down the 2nd amendment.
    Gunther: You made the statement that "I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol". Just where did you get that goofy idea? I'm sure that almost everybody on this forum disagrees with that statement. You need to get out of North Carolina more!
    MOLON LABE

regarding the purchasing of out of state firearms...

Is that sometimes restricted by the state? I had a friend who was stationed in Ft. Riley, KS and visited us in MO, we went to our local gunshop to buy some ammo to go shooting and he found a rifle that he wanted. He was told he could not purchase because he was not a MO resident. I think this is a stupid policy, considering he would get the FEDERAL check either way, plus he was active duty military.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gvaldeg1 View Post
    Gunther: You made the statement that "I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol". Just where did you get that goofy idea? I'm sure that almost everybody on this forum disagrees with that statement. You need to get out of North Carolina more!
    Just wondering why no one can answer my real post question. How can the sheriffs association dismiss the bill from being proposed?

7. Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    Just wondering why no one can answer my real post question. How can the sheriffs association dismiss the bill from being proposed?
    Clout.
    My .38's are Special.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Resto Guy View Post
    Clout.
    don't get it dude?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Yeah, but if you're from NC, you usually don't have a FL concealed permit. I was stating that gunther37 could drive in any number of directions from NC where he could buy a gun without the hassles.
    i have a non resident fl concealed license and va license and a nc concealed license. i do not have to wait or get a paper permit at all.

and if i did not have those license's , why would i drive 200 miles or more and spend more in gas money than the paper permit cost?

your missing the point dude! we need to stop the chopping away at the 2nd amendment! and you driving to another state automatically lets the sheriffs association and the obama worshipers win the fight!

Now do you see what im getting at?

write those senators boys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12