Best ammunition

Thread: Best ammunition

Question Best ammunition

I'm interested in the world of competition shooting, so I'm looking for a few things:

1) What publications (magazines, etc) are available in this world?
    2) If you don't have the capability to reload your own, who makes the best, most accurate ammo?
    3) Where do I find out information about competitions & events?

Thanks in advance.
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

For action pistol?

1) Not sure.
    2) I've seen folks shoot reloads and blazer brass and do quite well.
    3) Check out the maps and clubs in your area at the following sites:

International Defensive Pistol Association
    United States Practical Shooting Association

I shoot IDPA in the Carolinas. Started a couple months ago. It's a LOT of fun.

Although I am not a member of either organization yet, these two impress me...

IDPA International Defensive Pistol Association

and

ICORE ICORE Homepage

They're good sources for competition shooting.

Future IDPA's matches: http://www.idpa.com/major_match.asp

Future ICORE's matches: http://www.icore.org/match.html

- Ceicei

i have found that hornady and black hills match ammoare very acurate for out of the box!
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

Thanks, guys. I'm looking at what you've suggested now.
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

If you get hooked on competition shooting you probably will start looking at reloading. No factory manufactured ammunition will give you the edge to compete on a higher level than reloaded ammo. Once you work up a load for your rifle you'll see a big difference in grouping. The downfall is it becomes habit forming!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    If you get hooked on competition shooting you probably will start looking at reloading. No factory manufactured ammunition will give you the edge to compete on a higher level than reloaded ammo. Once you work up a load for your rifle you'll see a big difference in grouping. The downfall is it becomes habit forming!
    So I have heard. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to drop on a good reloading kit, hence my question.

I suppose I could stop shooting for awhile and save-up, but where's the fun in that?!?!
    Fred's News

wolfhunter Guest
    Fred, check out the Lee Anniversary Edition kits. They are fairly inexpensive, good set ups that contain nearly everything you'll need to START reloading.