Seeking SW 40VE advice

Thread: Seeking SW 40VE advice

Seeking SW 40VE advice

I bought a used S&W 40VE for CC.
    Grouping at 12 yards within DK zone mostly disable.
    I'm not trusting my precision compared to my other CC.

I am using Blazer Brass,m 180 gr FMJ,
    Not a good start with my first 40 SW.
    Used to 7.62x25 TTC and 38 Special.
    Any advice besides practice.

Can it be the ammo - really limited choice ATT.
    Try 165 grain?

I had a Sigma and I didn't like it. A lot of people have a hard time shooting them accurately because of the heavy trigger pull. I'd recommend a lot of dry practice. They are accurate guns though. I saw a guy make Distinguished Graduate at Front Sight's 4 Day Defensive Handgun Class with one.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I have a Sigma that I can't hit the broad side of the barn with. It was my first handgun, so I keep it around for sentimental reasons. That, and I would feel bad saddling someone else with it.

Fired lately?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    I have a Sigma that I can't hit the broad side of the barn with. It was my first handgun, so I keep it around for sentimental reasons. That, and I would feel bad saddling someone else with it.
    Have you fired it lately - any improvement?

What was the issue with the SW, trigger pull? I've heard about lightening the trigger pull, new spring, have you researched any of the following?

Maybe your favorite dealer would have mercy on you and give you $150 trade-in value towards a respectable HG. I oughta know. My first gun was a Sigma40VE. It felt great in the hand but the POS broke THREE!! times on me. The firing pin each time.

I took it to a gun store for trade-in assesment. The guy wouldn't even take it in because of the bad rep. I went back the next week and one of his employees gave me $150 towards a Beretta Px4 Storm 40. Nice.

" I'm Whiskey and I approved this message."
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

I actually lightened the trigger pull on mine by swapping out springs. It did help a lot, but then I got to worrying about concealed carry with a pistol that I had modified. So I converted it back to normal and traded it in on a XD40. Life got much better.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

It was definitely the feel and grip why I purchased it. I'll try to find some springs for the trigger.

I shot my friends 9mm XDM - Holy Crap! was it awesome. Just too big to conceal.

We were sitting on the porch at the log cabin in the woods, and the kids (teen agers) were shooting a .22 rifle at a piece of firewood, maybe 16" by 6" floating in the pond. About 250 feet give or take. I got frustrated watching nobody make a hit, and un holstered my S&W .40 and leaned against the roof post. First shot it was extremely obvious, a direct hit. Except for the no external safety, I like it. Might have been a little luck involved, but still. I use gold dot 165 gr.hollow pt.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%